Many individuals have the misconception that Hemp oil and CBD oil are same.
However, in this article, the differences are highlighted between both of them so that the health enthusiasts and patients can get the best effects with specific products according to their needs.
CBD oil also termed as “Cannabidiol,” is considered as one of the essential components of Marijuana.
It is useful for a wide range of medical issues. However, as it is extracted from Cannabis, CBD oil is confused with Hemp oil, because both the oils are derived from the same plant, with components that have healthy properties. Both of them are useful products but for different reasons.
The differences are mentioned between the oils for people who think that both of them are the same.
Many people have created the confusion themselves by labeling the products for medicinal purpose leading to misconceptions.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD or cannabidiol, a phytocannabinoid is one of the 60 compounds which are present in these plants.
The CBD acts on the endocannabinoid system which leads to the physical changes in the body resulting in beneficial effects.
The CBD oil is extracted from the leaves, buds, flowers, and stalks of the Cannabis plant. CBD oil is derived from standard strains which have higher levels of CBD to maximize the potency of the product.
The ideal dosage of CBD oil ranges between 15-25mg per day.
- Difference in plant appearanceThe plants from which the CBD oil is derived are broad and short.
- Extraction processThe methods for extraction vary, however, the most convenient procedure is known as the oil-based method.In this process, the plant is dipped in the carrier oil specifically olive or hemp oil, for separating the components.In comparison to the use of unsafe solvent-based approach in which hexane, butane or alcohol is pushed through the plant which helps in extraction of the chemical.Larger companies might use the CO2-based procedure in which the material is placed under high pressure. It is the safest method which produces the purest product.
- Benefits as a medicine The end product has high levels of CBD while low levels of THC, making it a perfect oil for those who want to seek benefits from Marijuana without any psychoactive effects.It is an ideal oil which helps in treating psychological problems, neurodegenerative disorders and epilepsy, aids in treating cancer, brain tumors and has anti-inflammatory properties.It helps in treating anxiety, depression, and seizures. In addition to this, CBD prevents the uptake of THC, leading to the reduced adverse effects of marijuana and still resulting in a calming effect.
- Traces of THC The production methods of CBD oil vary while some producers also utilize cannabis instead of using hemp for the production of CBD Oil. Some products also contain both CBD and THC components. However, the levels of THC is limited in these products, reflecting the concentrations and doses permitted according to the pharmaceutical standards. The Cannabis from which the CBD oil is derived contains around 5-10% THC when compared to the hemp plant. However, CBD rich oil does not contain THC. Try to find the best CBD oil by understanding the difference and reading the product labels.
- The legal status of CBD and THC-CBD is legal, but THC is illegal. You need to find the strains of medical marijuana which are legal in your state and prescribed by your doctor.THC in Cannabis plant is responsible for getting high leading to its illegal status as people use it for smoking, vaping and eating.
What is the Crucial difference between CBD and hemp oil?
Hemp and marijuana are relatable as they belong to the same family, but marijuana contains the high content of THC when compared with hemp plant.
Hemp oil comprises low levels of CBD which is less than 25 parts per million; however CBD oil contains 15% of CBD, which might range from 2-99.9%.
What is Hemp oil?
It is made from the seeds of the plant belonging to the Cannabis family. However, it is primarily extracted from the industrial hemp plant.
The seeds of the plant contain 50% oil in their weight which is obtained easily.
These seeds have nutritional value as well as medicinal benefits. These seeds have a minimal level of the psychoactive ingredient.
- Difference in plant appearance The plant from which the hemp oil is derived is narrow and short.
- Extraction processThe hemp oil is derived from the seeds of the plant by the use of cold press technique. In this method, the oil is squeezed out of the seeds, without the need to heat them at a specific temperature.
- Differences of hemp oil from CBD oil according to nutritional valueThe seeds of the plant contain deficient levels of CBD, which is not enough to produce the medicinal benefits. The seeds have trace levels of THC, which makes it useless for people who want to get high. Unlike, CBD oil, Hemp oil contains the high levels of polyunsaturated fats, i.e., around 30% which includes Omega-3, and Omega-6 fatty acids along with Vitamin E which makes it of robust nutritional importance. It contains approximately 25% of proteins in the Hemp oil. The hemp seeds contain around 6mg of Vitamin E in every 100 seeds. Vitamin E aids in fighting free radicals helps in balancing cholesterol, balances hormones and contributes to good skin health. The hemp seeds contain around 1000-1100 mg of potassium in 100grams. Hemp seed is a perfect source for the phosphorous mineral. This mineral helps in detoxification, bone maintenance, dental health, high energy levels and cognitive function.It is a good source of potassium, i.e., 900mg in 100gram of hemp seeds. It helps in relieving stress and anxiety along with other kidney and heart disorders. The hemp seeds provide around 450 mg of magnesium in every 100 gram of seeds.It helps in increasing the energy levels, prevents a migraine, relieves the muscle pain and promotes heart health. It is a perfect source of Vitamin B1 and vitamin B2, i.e., 1.2-1.3 milligram in each 100 gram of seeds.
- THC content when compared to the Cannabis, Hemp plant contains low levels of THC. The concentration ranges between 0.3-1.5percent THC.
- Healthy benefits of hemp oil has small levels of saturated fats when compared to other oils due to which it is found in many kitchens worldwide. It has different flavors ranging from nutty to the grassy flavor. The taste depends on how much the oil is refined. The high-quality brands of hemp oil are used for cooking and as a salad dressing. Other alternative uses of Hemp oil range from its use as a shampoo, skin conditioners/ lotions or soap. Producers utilize the advantages of this oil because of the high contents of Vitamin E which aids in protecting and replenishing the body from the free radicals which act as cancer-causing agents. By pharmacology, therapeutic potential, and toxicology, hemp oil is effective in treating the inflammation associated with arthritis, PMS, and neurodermatitis along with other conditions. Hemp oil is also used as a bio-diesel fuel, in plastics, along with a base in non-petroleum paint goods. The hemp oil acts as a more eco-friendly agent for the production of paints.
- The legal status of Hemp OilHemp, on the other hand, is easily accessible and readily available in the market. Hemp is safe for use by pregnant ladies, nursing women, and children. It is also safe for people who cannot consume or buy pharmaceutical medicines and use it as an alternative medicinal remedy.
The difference between both the products is because of the ingredients and therapeutic value used for manufacturing and cooking.
Know the difference between both the oils to ensure the best medicinal and other benefits of each product.
It seems that hemp oil has more benefits as it is easy to use, purchase and very safe. However, CBD has its benefits, but it has few drawbacks which make Hemp oil an absolute winner and the best option.