Nowadays, the work and study environment is extremely competitive due to which the usage of smart drugs is gaining momentum among athletes, students and professionals.
The work and college environment is such nowadays that people can’t afford to make mistakes and need to be on top of their game at all times.
In such a cutthroat environment, usage of smart drugs helps in staying focused and sharp, perform well even under extreme stress and being productive for long hours without losing focus and composure.
Therefore, if you work in an environment where you need to be on your A-game at all times, then you will benefit from reading this article.
Below we present to you the list of 20 top rated smart drugs of 2017. So, hop on the energy train and read away.
(Please note that this is just a list and not a final rating. You are advised to read all about these drugs and then choose smartly the one drug that best suits your needs).
- AniracetamAniracetam is a smart drug for creative people mostly. This smart drug not only helps in reducing anxiety but also boosts the creative centres of the brain. Therefore, it is widely used by people who are artistic or need to bolster their creativity. Medically, the drug is used to cure mild cognitive impairment among adults. However, it is used quite often as a smart drug and is a quite popular nootropic. It is not FDA approved and thus, acquiring it can be a cumbersome task. But due to its good effects, it is available quite widely on online platforms and private dealers.
- TyrosineTyrosine’s usage was most common in the military in the last two decades, as it helped the soldiers in staying more focused and alert. However, due to its effectiveness, it is now used as a smart drug by professionals, students and athletes to stay focused and alert. Tyrosine also helps users in making effective decisions in high-stress environments.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine (Carnitine)Carnitine is often used by programmers, mathematicians and people who require sound reasoning and logic in their daily tasks. The usage of Acetyl-L-Carnitine (Carnitine) helps in boosting learning and improving the computation and analysis skills of your brain, therefore, if you have a job which requires high reasoning and logic, you can benefit from a dose of Carnitine. Apart from being used as a smart drug, it is also used to improve the mental health of people suffering from Dementia. However, some users report that it can cause body odour, therefore, it is advised that you use long-lasting and strong perfumes on the days you are on this smart drug.
- CreatineIf you suffer from insomnia or have issues sleeping on days you are faced with important and challenging tasks, then you will benefit from the usage of Creatine. The usage of creatine helps in calming your nerves, reducing jitters and anxiety, and improving brain performance. Please note that if you have the propensity to gain weight, then you should use it in very moderate amounts. However, when used in moderate and monitored amounts, it can help you sleep well and perform complex tasks with composure on challenging days.
- LumonolLumonol is a relatively new smart drug, however, the ratings and reviews of this drug have been generally positive. The ingredients of Lumonol are very interesting and feature herbs such as Panax Ginseng, Hordenine, Noopepts and Picamilon. All of these ingredients help in memory boosts and improved attention spans. The usage of Lumonol helps the users in accessing their short-term and long-term memories more effectively and helps in verbal fluency as well. If you suffer from social anxiety, you will greatly benefit from the usage of Lumonol.
- Huperzine AThis smart aid protects the degradation of acetylcholine, which is a neurotransmitter. As a result, your short-term and long-term cognition are boosted which makes it quite a popular brain hack. Due to these medicinal properties, it improves the cognition levels and memory of its users. It is used as a smart drug because it not only boosts memory but also helps in enhancing the presence of useful neurotransmitters in the brain.
- Omega-3 (EPA and DHA)Omega-3 (EPA and DHA) are dietary supplements which boast of a lot of mental and physical benefits. The regular usage of these supplements aids in the reduction of stress and anxiety helps in focusing and improving attention spans and drastically improves the reaction times and memory retrieval of users. Moreover, the best part about these supplements is that they can be used in the daily diet without fear of overdosage and harmful after effects. However, these supplements may cause bad body odour, therefore, the users should be wary of this effect and take showers and use good, long-lasting perfumes, while they are using these supplements.
- Ritalin Ritalin is one of the most commonly used and widely popular smart drug. It is mostly consumed by students during their exams and presentations as it helps the users in staying focused and greatly improves their memory and attention spans. Initially, the drug was used to treat ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) but now it is used as a memory booster. However, even though its usage is quite common, it should still be used with caution as its overdoses and frequent usage can result in nervousness, palpitations, reduced appetite and weight loss.
- Adderall (Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine)The usage of Adderall is extremely common among students. Initially, the drug was used to treat ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). However, now it is widely used by students as a study aid which helps them stay sharp and focus on their study material without getting tired or losing focus. It is also used by students and professionals during exams and high-pressure presentations as it helps in remembering information and boosts long-term conscious memory. However, this drug should be used with caution and occasionally, as its usage can be addictive and overdoses of Adderall can result in heart attacks and psychosis.
- PiracetamPiracetam is a racetam which helps in regulating the blood flow and eases the blood flow towards the brain. This improved blood flow towards the brain helps the users by improving their concentration spans and memory. This is a very highly used smart drug and is well tolerated by most of its users, however, some people may have allergic reactions to this drug, so they should use the drug in small dosages first to see if it suits them or not.
- LucidalLucidal was invented by Dr Larry McCleary and is a pretty common memory booster in the USA. If you goto a competitive school or belong to any cut-throat industry in the USA, chances are that you have come across or used this memory enhancer. The usage of Lucidal has increased because it claims to not only improve memory but also help the human body get rid of any brain ailments that might develop with age.
- Aricept (Donepezil)This is an FDA approved a drug which is deemed to be extremely helpful in improving the procedural memory of the brain. Therefore, the usage of this drug can be very helpful for you if your job and daily tasks require you to perform complex tasks, as it will help you in breaking down information into manageable chunks. However, it is advised that while you are on Aricept, you use warm milk before sleep or consume the drug early morning as it can cause some sleeping problems.
- Selegiline hydrochloride: This smart drug is often used by people who are on the lookout for something which helps control their mood as well as improve their memory. People with anger issues or people with mood swings can greatly benefit from the usage of Selegiline hydrochloride. This is a very effective mood booster and greatly improves the planning skills of the brain and makes the user happy and composed.
- ProvigilThis is an FDA approved a drug which was invented to aid people suffering from Narcolepsy to help them stay alert and focused on their tasks. However, its usage is not just limited to people suffering from Narcolepsy, but also anyone who needs help in staying focused and alert can benefit from the usage of Provigil. The usage of Provigil helps people in staying motivated and provides them with more energy and focus. It also aids in the reaction time of people and makes them much more likely to succeed at their daily tasks. However, it is advised that the use of Provigil should not be excessive as in the long term it can adversely affect the memory of young people.
- CILTEPCILTEP (aka Abelard Lindsay) started gaining momentum back in 2011. It is a well-known nootropic which is endorsed by a lot of popular names in the USA including Dave Asprey and Tim Ferris. Online reviews for CILTEP are also mostly positive.
- Withania somniferaIf you are on a lookout for a smart drug which helps you in controlling your anxiety then you should consider Withania somnifera. The best part about Withania somnifera is that it is a herbal product, therefore, its side effects are not dangerous. This herbal supplement is often used by people to reduce their anxiety in social situations and to calm their nerves.
- Noopept: Noopept is a drug which was invented in Russia, however, it is now widely used as a memory boost supplement in the United States of America, United Kingdom and Australia as well. People use noopept as a smart drug and it works almost instantaneously making the user more focused and alert and helps in retrieval and retention of large amounts of information. Since noopepts are so potent, it is advised to use them in small dosages throughout the day instead of taking the whole recommended dosage (which is around 40mg) all at once.
- Bacopa Monnieri The usage of Bacopa Monnieri is quite common among people who are looking for smart drugs to improve their thinking and memory. However, this drug should be used only upon discussion with a medical practitioner as it can have adverse effects for people who suffer from a slow heart rate. Moreover, even though this smart drug does wonders for your attention span, it can cause nausea and cramps. Thus, use it first on less important days to see how your body reacts to it and if it works well for you, then you can use it on important and challenging days where you need to be on the top of your game.
- Procera AVHProcera AVH is often consumed with milk or any juice. This drug also helps in controlling blood pressure. However, before you start using it on a daily basis, experiment with its small quantities at different times of the day as it can induce headaches in some people.
- Desmopressin: Desmopressin is one of the favourite drugs of Tim Ferriss. It is said to be an extreme drug which induces near perfect and photographic memory among its users.The usage of this drug influences the hippocampus, particularly it’s recording areas so that the users are able to record and remember large chunks of information.
All these smart drugs have been found to be effective in cognitive functions and performance of the brain, however, these smart drugs should not be used without proper guidance from a physician.
A particular dosage of smart drugs may work for others but not for you. This list is just for the purpose of information.
You should have a consultation with your doctor before starting the use of any of these smart drugs.