Arthritis is a type of frustrating illness that can be treated with pain-inflammatory medications and other therapeutic agents. However, these drugs have severe side effects due to which people prefer the use of CBD oil for arthritis pain.
Many studies indicate that CBD oil plays an essential role in treating arthritis. People research about CBD oil to know all about its benefits and side effects.
CBD oil is derived from the Cannabis plant, and people use the CBD oil to relieve the pain linked with the chronic conditions which include arthritis.
Studies about CBD oil and its association with pain management have suggested that CBD has promising effects for arthritis pain.
CBD serves as a perfect alternative to the habit-forming medications such as opioids especially in people suffering from chronic pain.
What does it mean by CBD oil?
The CBD oil is extracted from the Hemp plant which belongs to the Cannabis family.
The CBD or cannabidiol is a kind of Cannabinoid- a chemical present in the Cannabis plant.
Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is also found in the Cannabis plant, CBD has non-psychoactive effects while TCH is psychoactive.
Bear in mind that CBD oil is extracted both from hemp as well as marijuana plant, but hemp plant has a low content of TCH that is why it is preferred.
People utilize CBD oil for relieving the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis. Studies reveal that CBD aids in relieving pain along with underlying medical conditions.
3 Best CBD Oils for Arthritis Pain
The following are the best CBD oils recommended according to the key factors we have selected. These factors include the strength of CBD oil for arthritis symptom relief, the type of CBD (full, broad, isolated), CBD concentration inside a bottle, hemp-derived CBD vs cannabis-derived CBD and type of strain used for extraction.
In examining these above key factors, our expert team was able to narrow down the 3 best CBD oil companies that offer exceptional quality in a bottle.
1. Medix Cbd Oil Tinctures For Arthritis Review
Medix CBD oil tinctures are full-spectrum, all-natural, highly liquid infused and premium CBD enriched tinctures. Full-spectrum extraction also offers entourage effect with natural health remedies for swelling and tenderness. The use of premium quality oil tinctures is good for osteoarthritis, reactive arthritis, joint infections, psoriatic arthritis, septic arthritis and many more. Medix Oil Tinctures are available in (100 – 4500) mg natural flavored bottles.
- Key Features: All-natural, whole-plant, full-spectrum, entourage effect, the USA grew, legal in 50 states, non-psychoactive, THC (<0.3%), free shipping for over $100 orders, chemical-free.
- Available in Key Forms: Also available in Gummies, Edibles, Pets, Isolates, Topicals, Lotions, and Vape Oil.
- CBD Gummies & Edibles: Medix CBD Gummies are available in CBD infused teddy bears and snakes offering sweet, sour, sugary crystals, multicolored, soft and chewy delight.
- Medix CBD Oil for Dogs: Medix CBD Oil (Bacon flavored) for small (100mg), medium (250mg) and large (500mg) dogs.
- Medix CBD Vape Juice and Vape Oil: CBD Vape Oil Cartridge (500mg) with a quick absorption rate is available for focus, relax and sleep.
- Medix CBD Cream and Lotion: CBD Pain Cream and Scent Free Lotion are available in 150mg and 300mg respectively.
- Medix CBD Isolate Powder: 99% pure CBD isolate powder (5g to 1kg).
Medix CBD Pricing Packages:
- Medix CBD Oil Tinctures: $26.99 to $449.99
- Medix CBD Gummies & Edibles: $29.99 to $49.99
- Medix CBD Oils for Dogs: $29.99 to $49.99
- Medix CBD Vape Juice & Vape Oil: $49.99 to $59.99
- Medix CBD Cream & Lotion: $35.99 to $59.99
- Medix CBD Isolate Powder: $100.00 to $7,000.00
- Dosage: For each product see product label for recommended dosage.
- CBD Source: US (Kentucky) grown all-natural hemp plants extract
- Product Ingredients: Full Spectrum CBD Extract, Vitamin E (mixed as tocopherols), Hemp Seed Oil (Virgin Organic), Sugar, Alcohol, Corn Syrup, Wheat, Gelatin, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Fumaric Acid, Lactic Acid, Artificial & Natural Flavors
- Medix CBD Retail/Wholesale: Online and Trusted Outlets (Retail and Wholesale)
- Extraction Method: CO2 Extraction at low temperatures
- CBD Concentration per Serving: Per serving 6.67mg to 37.50mg (depending on the tincture bottle size)
- Medix Refund & Return Policy: Unopened/Unused refund within 30 days except for shipping charges
- Medix CBD Lab Test Report: Medix CBD premium products are third-party laboratory tested
2. CBDPure Oil Drops For Arthritis Pain Review
CBD Pure claims to be the most beneficial and powerful all-natural CBD available – empowering mental and physiological processes. Our three CBD oils differ in potency (for a larger number more CBD dosage). CBD Pure products promote general health, mental health and restore balance in life. It effectively reduces stress, relaxes, improves wellness, heals, restores endocannabinoid system balance, brings safe and natural relief.
- Key Features: All-natural, organically pure, 100% legal and safe, full-spectrum CBD, no added artificial and synthetic ingredients, microbiological screening, no residual solvent and pesticide, Colorado-grown hemp
- Key Forms: CBDPure Hemp Oil (300mg, 600mg and 100mg)
- Dosage: Sublingual Oral Intake
- Flavour: Natural Hemp Flavor
- Price: $22.99 (300 mg), $54.99 (600 mg) and $79.99 (1000 mg)
- Retail Location: Online and Trusted Outlets (Retail and Wholesale)
- Extraction Method: CO2 Extraction
- CBD Oil Source: All-natural Cannabidiol (CBD), Terpenes, and other Cannabinoids
- Return Policy: 90 days purchase refundQuality Testing: Third-party tested certificate of analysis (COA)
3. Kats Natural CBD Tincture – 500-2500mg
The Kats Botanical is selling natural full spectrum tinctures having some high-quality THC components. Full-spectrum oil provides not only high-power but several other cannabinoids along with terpenes as well. These terpenes are aromatic compounds comparable to essential oils that add a unique taste to the drops. They have a direct effect on the endocannabinoid system in combination with the CBD to maximize the effects of the natural tincture.
Working with our body’s endocannabinoid, these flavored CBD drops allow you to boost your health, induces a sense of calmness, providing you relief from arthritis pain, and navigating stressful situations.
The CBD from industrial hemp naturally contains less than 0.3% of THC, which is illegal in most of the US states. However, CBD is a non-psychoactive compound without any adverse side effects and entirely legal in all states. Because of Kats Botanicals high concentration of 1000 mg CBD oil tincture is suitable for experienced consumers. The varying terpenes inside facilitate the “Entourage Effect,” which boosts CBD’s impact on the endocannabinoid system. The heightened intensity method helps you embrace CBD’s effects quicker.
- Key Features: Full spectrum and isolated CBD buy an option, lab-tested, great packaging, and high concentration of CBD in a bottle.
- Key forms: Natural oils, gummies, salve
- Price: For oils, it starts from $34 – $124
- Retail location: Selling online but you can buy at many local partner stores
- CBD Oil Source: Industrial Hemp from Colorado + 3O2 extraction method
- Color of oil: Dark yellow or golden
Does CBD oil work for relieving the chronic pain associated with arthritis?
Arthritis is the foremost cause of disability in people especially in the US; it is affecting around 50 million Americans alone. There are two most common forms of arthritis:
In this condition, the human body attacks the joints leading to inflammation. Rheumatoid arthritis affects the feet and hands of the individual resulting in swollen, painful and stiff joints. It is a chronic disease leading to painful deformity and immobility in ankles, feet, fingers, and wrist.
It is a type of degenerative disease that affects the joint bones and cartilage, resulting in stiffness and pain. Osteoarthritis often affects the thumb and knee joints.
Mode of action of CBD Oil for Arthritis Pain
It works in the following three ways:
CBD oil serves as an anti-inflammatory agent by reducing the inflammatory processes within the body, which is the characteristic feature of arthritis.
The pain is also activated by the pain receptors in the arthritis condition. The CBD oil aids in lowering the pain signals associated with arthritis.
Studies proving CBD oil for the treatment of rheumatoid and osteoarthritis
In 2006, a study was conducted in patients for five weeks using CBD oil. It was concluded that CBD aids in improving the pain and inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis. The CBD helped in slowing down the progression of the disease.
Studies on animals indicate that CBD oil helps in treating arthritis and relieves the pain and inflammation associated with it.
In 2011, a study suggested that CBD aids in reducing the inflammatory pain within rats by affecting the response of pain receptors to the stimuli.
In 2016, a study concluded that topical application of CBD oil for arthritis pain has a potential effect in relieving inflammation and pain associated with arthritis.
However, there is little research and evidence regarding the association of CBD oil on humans which makes it difficult to conclude the effects of CBD oil for arthritis pain.
CBD Oil aids in relieving Chronic Pain
CBD oil helps in relieving the pain associated with arthritis – a chronic condition by affecting the response of the brain to the pain signals.
CBD cannabinoid attaches to the brain receptors and receptors in the immune system.
The receptors are defined as small proteins that bind to the cells receiving the chemical signals from various stimuli one of which includes the pain stimuli.
It further leads to the pain-killing and anti-inflammatory effects that aid in pain management.
According to a review of the studies conducted between 1980’s – 2007, assessed in 2008, it concluded that CBD works well to relieve the chronic pain without any adverse side effects.
According to a study published in Rheumatology in 2013, CB2 receptors play an essential role within the immune system by managing the inflammation and pain.
CBD aids in managing rheumatoid arthritis which is an auto-immune condition by binding to the receptors in the immune system.
According to a study conducted in 2008, it suggested that CBD oil plays an essential role in the management of chronic pain.
CBD Oil & Arthritis Pain
According to a study conducted in 2016, CBD was used in rats suffering from arthritis. The researchers applied the CBD gel to the rats for around four days continuously. During a day, 0.6, 3.1, 6.2 along with 62.3 mg of CBD were applied.
It was noted that CBD helped in reducing the inflammation along with overall pain in rats which was affecting the joints leading to no side effects.
So, it suggests that CBD oil for arthritis pain has pain-relieving and promising anti-inflammatory effects against arthritis. However, there must be further research and studies regarding the impact of CBD on humans.
CBD Strains for Relieving Arthritis Pain
Following are the CBD strains which are suitable for the management of arthritis pain.
However, you need to work through the trial and error method to identify the best strains according to your body. The CBD strains include:
- White Widow
- Afghan Kush
How to use CBD oil for Arthritis Pain?
CBD is readily available in the powder and oil form, which can then be used to prepare the gels or creams to apply topically to the affected areas by arthritis.
CBD can also be consumed in the form of capsules or sprays by mouth. Consult the doctor before you begin to use CBD products.
Dosage of CBD oil for Arthritis Pain
The average dose of CBD oil for arthritis pain is around 2.5-20 mg each day orally at least for 25 days. However, consult the physician before consuming the CBD oil.
Side effects, risk, and considerations regarding the use of CBD Oil
CBD oil results in mild side effects which include:
- Feeling irritable
- Trouble while sleeping
- The risks and considerations regarding the use of CBD oil include the fact that it is considered illegal in many states, so you need to check the local laws before purchasing the CBD oil.
- The United States FDA has not approved CBD oil for medical treatment. It is legal in a few states of the US.
- Some individuals might have an allergic reaction while using the CBD oil, so it is recommended to apply the oil on a small area of your skin.
- Consult your doctor before opting for this alternative treatment option for relieving the symptoms of arthritis.
However, there are few studies and research available to conclude that CBD oil serves as a therapeutic agent for relieving pain, but it is highly potential.
The CBD products help in reducing chronic pain without resulting in intoxication and dependence.
So, to conclude CBD oil aids in relieving arthritis pain if consumed in an appropriate dosage.
Consult your doctor or health professional before you stop your medications and start drinking CBD oil for reducing the symptoms associated with arthritis pain.