The news that is circulating these days in media and science is the cannabidiol oil which is derived from the Hemp plant.
If you have any physical injuries, trauma, or infections, then your definitive natural option is Hemp oil.
These injuries or infections result in inflammation which causes pain so opt for hemp oils.
There are multiple ways to treat pain which includes medicines. But, naturally available hemp oil is beneficial that helps in relieving the pain without any severe side effects.
Pain may be of acute or chronic nature i.e. short or long term.
Hemp oil is a cocktail of cannabinoids which have enormous benefits. Hemp oil acts as an excellent anti-inflammatory substance which helps in reducing chronic pain and aches.
Hemp oil is good for calming the nerves which results in pain.
The oil interacts with the endocannabinoid system which provides protection from colonic inflammation and modulates the pain through an anti-inflammatory mechanism.
Hemp in the raw form has amazing healing properties due to the CBD compound.
CBD helps in reducing the pain, uplifting your mood and reduces the chronic inflammation.
How Does Hemp Oil Work in Our Body?
Hemp oil contains the cannabinoids which interact specifically with the CB-1 receptors and prevents their activation.
This interaction soothes down the hyperactive nerves, nervous and immune system. It helps against mental, nervous and auto-immune diseases.
Recommended Use and Dosage of Hemp Oil
The base recommended dosage of hemp oil states that four drops should be taken three times a day which promotes the overall well-being of the patient.
The hemp oil helps in improving the mental clarity, balances the nervous system, supports the healthy response against inflammation and acts as an antioxidant agent.
You can increase the dose of hemp oil for treating severe problems. It is because Cannabinoid receptors are not present in the brain stem, unlike opioid receptors, so lethal overdoses do not occur.
- Harmonization and Prevention of Body Functions: Three drops of Hemp oil in 2-5% concentration twice daily i.e. in morning and evening or 1-3milligrams of CBD per dose.
- Digestive or Stomach Problems/ Mild Pain/ Right Sleep: Three drops of hemp oil in the morning and evening. Use 2-5% concentration of the oil or 2-6 milligram of oil per dose.
- For Stress, Depression, and Anxiety: Three drops of hemp oil in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening. Use 2-5% concentration or 10-15 milligrams of hemp per dose. (These quantities vary from person to person, and they are mentioned for an adult weighing around 60-90kgs). Hemp oil helps to treat multiple issues such as back pain, chronic pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, migraines, depression, fibromyalgia, and others.
How Hemp oil Helps in Alleviating Chronic Pain?
Many individuals suffer from chronic pain which may manifest in muscles, organs, joints, body cavities, ligaments.
Pain may also occur due to diseases such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, multiple sclerosis, Lyme disease, and fibromyalgia.
Chronic pain associated with diseases may leave the patient incapacitated and functionless. CBD promotes pain relief, supports muscles, healthy joints and organ function.
CBD interacts with the Endocannabinoid system and impacts the nociceptive pathways which help in the reduction of inflammation that acts as a leading cause of chronic pain and disease.
DOSAGE: Sublingual ingestion which measures around 2.5-20 milligrams at least for 25-30 days.
The hemp oil is the best choice for alleviating pain because it contains essential fatty acids.
These fatty acids help the body to produce eicosanoids which balance the body control and keep the body temperature and pain levels in balance.
Hemp Oil Dosage For Various Conditions
- For increasing appetite in patients who have cancer: 2.5 milligrams THC orally with or without the inclusion of 1mg CBD at least for six weeks.
- For treating epilepsy: 200-300 mg CBD orally at least for 4-5 months.
- For treating sleeping disorders: 40-160 mg CBD orally.
- For treating schizophrenia: 40-1280 milligram orally daily for around four weeks.
- For treating glaucoma: place a single dose sublingually (i.e. under your tongue) measuring around 20-40 milligrams. Doses greater than the recommended dose result in increased eye pressure.
Pros of Hemp Oil
- It helps in lowering inflammation, reduces nausea, anxiety, and seizures.
- It acts as an antitumor agent with antioxidant effects.
- It helps in the prevention and improvement of neurodegenerative disorders.
Hemp oil is a type of vegetable oil which is emollient and highly nutritious. It relieves the aching area and lowers the inflammation by absorbing rapidly.
It results in the fast healing process when applied on the warm area which leads to faster and deeper penetration.
Hemp oil can be easily mixed with essential oils that help in soothing the pain sites.
Cons of Hemp Oil
Hemp oil can be correctly used for pain relief without any side effects, but significant quantities may affect the overall body.
Following are the side effects:
- Allergic reactions
- It is toxic if consumed in large amounts example 203-305 fl. Oz or 6-9 liters.
- Use the recommended dosage of hemp oil and for the proper duration. Consult your doctor before using hemp oil.
- Hemp oil is sensitive to air and light which means it gets spoiled and rancid extremely fast, so you need to keep it in the fridge after opening it.
Pain Management By Hemp Oil
For Nerve Pain or Neuropathy
Both of these conditions result in nerve damage which has multiple causative factors such as increased blood sugar, obesity, alcohol, diseases, vitamin deficiency, and others. Nerves spread throughout our brain and body. So, this pain becomes very violent and fast within an hour and comes back in different areas.
Painkiller mixture: Wintergreen essential oil around 30-35 drops with hemp oil measuring 60 ml or 2 oz. Apply a moderate amount of oil and massage well in the warm area. Repeat this for a week.
Use essential oils and antioxidants in combination to reduce inflammation. You can find all these ingredients in Hemp seed oil.
Anti-inflammatory hemp oil recipe: Helichrysum and Cistus essential oils 15 drops each and add hemp oil around 1oz or 30 ml. Blend it and apply it on inflamed areas. Repeat it for a few days to ensure complete healing.
For Back Pain
Nerves and muscles are present on our back which may result in a backache due to our faulty habits. These include lifting weights, sitting postures and straining your back in sports injuries or accidents.
Back Pain Recipe: Add hemp seed oil around 30 ml or 1oz, birch essential oil and Frankincense essential oil both around 10-15 drops and form a mixture. Apply it topically several times during the day to help relieve the back pain.
For Headaches and Migraines
Headaches or migraines may affect certain parts or whole-brain which may last for a few days. It can be severe and may cause disability. Pain is a warning sign associated with a migraine or headaches for which you need to consult a doctor or follow this natural recipe.
Add grapefruit essential oil around seven drops, hemp seed oil around 10 ml and peppermint essential oil around 3-4 drops. Apply a small amount on the back of the neck and temples and rub softly. It helps in improving circulation along with oxygen, reduce inflammation and make you happy.
For Joint Pain & Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is a form of autoimmune disorder which affects joints, skin, eyes, heart and blood vessels. If left untreated may result in deformation of bones by bone erosion. It is advised to incorporate 2:1 or 3:1 ratio of Omega 6 and Omega 3 which helps in the suppression of inflammation which occurs due to rheumatoid arthritis. Prepare a mixture of birch essential oil and Frankincense essential oil around 20-30 drops of hemp oil around 60ml or 2 oz. Apply this mixture on the aching area 4-5 times a week with a five-day break.
For Varicose Veins
These are enlarged veins found on legs due to the circulatory problems. Varicose veins are extremely painful. Hemp oil helps to relieve the heaviness, swelling, pain, and visibility of enlarged veins associated with varicose veins.
Use the following mixture to reduce the pain and looks related to varicose veins:
Add Cypress essential oil and immortelle essential oil around 20-25 drops with hemp oil measuring around 45ml or 1 ½ Oz.
Benefits of Hemp Oil For the Treatment of Chronic Pain
Chronic pain can be quickly relieved by using hemp oil. Following are the known benefits of hemp oil which relieve the chronic pain:
- Muscle relaxant
- Heals the sleeping patterns
- Helps in reducing anxiety
- Reduces depression
- Reduces the touch fear
- Reduces PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder).
- Easy to use
- Does not feel like a medicine
Final Thoughts About Using Hemp Oil For Pain
Hemp oil delivers enormous benefits and usages for pain management. It is available in an ideal ratio of omega 6:3 which acts entirely on your body.
It is safe and easy to use in the recommended dose. Hemp oil is anti-inflammatory and eases the pain. It does work as it is free of the psychoactive component THC.