Women in today’s world are experiencing hormonal imbalance as a standard issue. Most of the women are exposed to toxins that have estrogen-like effects leading to excessive (kilter) hormone production. The common symptoms experienced by women include slowed metabolism, fatigue, brain fog and low libido. Herbalists promote the use of Tongkat Ali which is a traditional medicine also termed as Longjack.
Tongkat Ali aids in combatting such issues, and according to modern research, it states that Tongkat Ali is a type of health-supporting herb which provides the individuals with hormone balancing positive impact.
What is Tongkat Ali?
Tongkat Ali also termed as Long Jack, Malaysian ginseng or Eurycomalongifolia.
According to Examine, Tongkat Ali is a type of aphrodisiac and a pro-fertility agent which is supported by a large body of studies and evidence regarding its role as a pro-erectile and an anti-estrogen agent.
However, there is not enough evidence regarding its ability to boost testosterone.
Tongkat Ali is a form of the herb, grown predominantly in South East Asian areas including Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand.
Tongkat Ali belongs to the Simaroubaceae family. The local names of this herb include Tung Saw and Pasak Bumi.
The people using this herb also claim it as “Herbal Viagra” due to its abilities regarding the improvement of sexual dysfunction. Tongkat Ali is also known as an aphrodisiac agent because it enhances energy.
What is the mechanism of action of Tongkat Ali?
Tongkat Ali comprises active components or phytochemicals termed as Eurycoma along with Eurycomalactone which are considered as a stimulating agent for increasing the levels of testosterone.
It is because of this reason that the herb is famous among weightlifters, athletes, bodybuilders and professionally fitness individuals who prefer increasing their endurance, stamina, and strength.
According to a study found in humans, Tongkat Ali showed pro-androgenic effects among individuals who were going through late-onset hypogonadism.
Tongkat Ali is thriving as a libido enhancer as concluded by the study performed in rats where it showed increased sexual activity. It is considered that the same will happen in women.
The herb decreases the effects of testosterone declining with age by the following results:
- Increases the levels of LH or luteinizing hormone.
- Reduces and blocks the conversion of the hormone named Testosterone into estrogen, the conversion process is termed as Aromatization.
- It enhances the production of Testosterone by reducing the synthesis of a glycoprotein known as SHBG or Sex hormone binding.
- The decrease in cortisol levels which ultimately results in enhanced production of testosterone.
Can women use Tongkat Ali?
For centuries, women have been using Tongkat Ali for supporting their health. However, this herb remains unknown by most of the people. Many studies and research have been conducted regarding the use of Tongkat Ali for women’s health.
Benefits of using Tongkat Ali
The benefits of using Tongkat Ali include the following:
- Tongkat Ali benefits in losing weight
The hormones have an impact on the metabolism and the imbalance of hormones results in weight gain.
Aging comes typically with weight gain and fatigue, but sometimes it occurs due to the exposure to toxins which leads to imbalanced hormones.
Tongkat Ali aids in stabilizing the hormones and leads to weight loss which applies to both females and males.
- Tongkat Ali Serves as an energy booster
When the body is not producing enough hormones or if there is an erratic production of hormones, then it might lead to low energy levels.
Tongkat Ali serves as an excellent agent who balances the hormones along with additional benefits such as balanced metabolism and energy.
The increased levels of power support endurance while you exercise leading to the association of Tongkat Ali with weight loss and its maintenance.
- Natural support for libido
Whether you are a male or a female, the testosterone boost aids in increasing the sexual desire and flame especially for women aged between 30’s and 40’s.
According to Folklore, Tongkat Ali increases the women’s sensitivity over the erogenous areas resulting in enhanced libido-boosting qualities.
According to the research conducted, it concluded that Tongkat Ali boosts the libido qualities in male rats, but it is assumed that the effects are similar in females as well.
- Tongkat Ali’s mood-uplifting properties
The research concludes that Tongkat Ali reduces the stress hormone Cortisol which is produced during stress and results in weight gain.
According to clinical trials, Tongkat Ali aids in reducing anger, tension, and confusion.
This particular herb is also useful for the reduction of stress associated with sleep loss, diet, and exercise. Tongkat Ali also helps in the improvement of memory.
According to research published in 2013, which was conducted on 31 females and 32 males who suffered from moderate symptoms of stress.
It concluded that Tongkat Ali aids in the reduction of cortisol or stress hormone leading to the mood-uplifting property.
- Tongkat Ali benefits in promotion of skeletal health
The low levels of testosterone result in the development of osteoporosis which is a debilitating disease with a characteristic feature of fragile and weak bones.
Usually, Vitamin D, Calcium and Magnesium play an essential role in maintaining the balance of hormones along with the perfect health of the body.
However, the use of Tongkat Ali aids in encouraging the production of testosterone levels in the body leading to maintained and improved health of the bones.
- Tongkat Ali encourages normal blood sugar levels
Exercise and diet play a key role in supporting healthy blood sugar levels and serve as the best defensive act against TYPE 2 diabetes.
According to the research and studies, Tongkat Ali contributes to keeping the blood sugar levels, but you need to reduce the intake of dietary carbohydrates, start sleeping well, increase your exercise timings and expose yourself to sunlight for maintained levels of blood sugar.
- Other than these benefits, Tongkat Ali is used for the management of allergies, serves as a healing agent for stomach ulcers, an anti-bacterial agent, aids in reducing fever, and prevents cancer formation.
- Tongkat Ali aids in tightening the women’s abdomen and promotes you to regain the emotional wellness once you deliver the baby.
- The herb is used for making the bones strong and avoids you from retaining the water.
- Tongkat Ali is a perfect anti-oxidant agent. It promotes hair growth and reproduction resulting in less hair fall.
- The herb helps in balancing the irregular periods.
- Tongkat Ali is useful for treating diarrhea, syphilis, cough, high blood pressure and many others.
How to use Tongkat Ali?
Tongkat Ali is typically consumed in the form of supplements or extract form. There are herbal supplements available in the market such as Female Fuzion which is a combination of Tongkat Ali and other natural herbs providing you with enormous benefits.
Tongkat Ali enhances the production of testosterone which increases your sexual satisfaction and sex drive.
It aids in slimming down your body by improving weight loss. This herb aids in strengthening the bones, resulting in less bone loss.
The herb Tongkat Ali protects you against atherosclerosis and heart disease along with the protection against the development of breast cancer.
Tongkat Ali serves as a natural, efficient and safe method which enhances the production of testosterone in old aged women leading to a broad spectrum of health benefits.
According to a study conducted on mice, Tongkat Ali improves sexual life and boosts sexual activity.
It is recommended to consume 25 mg of Tongkat Ali each day to enjoy the benefits. Tongkat Ali is a unique herb used for hundreds of years by individuals living in Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand.
Dosage of Tongkat Ali
There is much confusion regarding the dosage of Tongkat Ali all over the internet, however, according to specific studies, you need to consume around 25mf of LJ 100 Tongkat Ali, or you can use 200mg of Tongkat Ali in the form of powder.
- For enhancement of libido effects, you need around 25 mg of each LJ 100 capsule or consume one capsule of Tongkat Ali root powder each day or after every next day. It is advised to drink tablets around 20 minutes before you eat your breakfast.
- The general recommended tip for Tongkat Ali is, to begin with, a small dose and increase it over time. The standard recommended dosage is around 1200-1500 mg per day with 2-4 divided doses each day of at least 300-500 mg. Try cycling the treatment related to Tongkat Ali and take breaks in between to provide your body some rest.
- However, the exact dosage of this herb depends on multiple factors,i.e., personal needs, age, weight, health conditions along with many other factors. Consult a doctor or medical professional for the proper dosage regarding this supplement before you start consuming it.
Side effects and contraindications of using Tongkat Ali
There are few side effects if you overdose with Tongkat Ali which includes:
- Insomnia or inadequate sleep
- Lower sex drive
- Raised body temperature
- Restless and impatient
- Increased heart rate which is to be prevented during heart diseases
- It should be avoided in people suffering from heart, kidney or liver disease, diabetic patients, individuals on immunosuppressant, pregnant or nursing ladies,
Individuals are different in all aspects. People react Differently to all herbs, exercise, yoga, meditation, massage or any other remedy.
Tongkat Ali has long been known for use in males, but according to recent studies and research, it has concluded that Tongkat Ali is highly beneficial for ladies as well.
- Do the combination of herbs with Tongkat Ali enhance their potency?
Yes, the use of Tongkat Ali with other supplements or herbs is highly beneficial is combined by an experienced individual in herbal formulations.
- Is Tongkat Ali harmful to heart patients?
It is better to avoid this herb in patients suffering from heart diseases because the experiences and studies indicate that Tongkat Ali results in increased heart rate.
- Where to buy Tongkat Ali?
This herb is available as an over-the-counter supplement, online forums, Amazon, Walgreens, Vitamin World, GNC, Iherb, Vitamin Shoppe and health food stores.
- Does Tongkat Ali result in higher aggression and increased testosterone levels?
According to research, Tongkat Ali aids in reducing aggression due to the lowered levels of stress hormone or cortisol which also leads to reduced aggression, allowing you to stay focused and healthy.
- Does Tongkat Ali have side effects?
The high dosage of Tongkat Ali results in few side effects, one of which includes insomnia. Therefore, it is better to consume this herb early in the morning.
- Can women consume Tongkat Ali?
According to research papers from Malaysia, it concludes that women can consume Tongkat Ali for high levels of energy, increased stamina, and concentration, due to the hormone balancing properties of this herb.
- Can pregnant ladies consume Tongkat Ali?
It is better to avoid Tongkat Ali during breastfeeding or pregnancy as the herb affects hormones which might result in interruption of their body cycle.
- Is it necessary to cycle the consumption of Tongkat Ali?
It is better to cycle the use of Tongkat Ali as you should allow your body to achieve optimal rest and recover naturally.
- How to cycle this herb?
It is advised to consume Tongkat Ali for five days and take a break of 2 days during the first bottle.
Take a break from every other day while drinking the second container and every third day while consuming the third bottle. It allows your body to recover naturally and rest the process of herb consumption meanwhile.