After alcohol, recreational marijuana is the most common and easily available mind-altering drug in the most common and available mind-altering drug in the U.S. Though it’s illegal in some states, some states have legalized the drug for its recreational and medical use. Marijuana is the dried leaves, stem, and flowers of the Cannabis plant. The mind-altering chemical it consists of is called tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The chemical is found in the leaves and flowers shoots of the plant.
On average, 20 million Americans use marijuana each month, which makes it the most popular drug. According to a survey held in 2018, about 43.5 million Americans above 12 years of age use marijuana. As per the sources of 2018, 10 states have legalized recreational marijuana for adults over 21 years. If you too wish to grow and know anything about marijuana, visit AmericanPromise.org for any guidance.
What is Recreational Marijuana?
Recreational Marijuana is a psychoactive drug from the Cannabis plant which when taken by people, results in euphoria and an altered state of consciousness in human minds. When marijuana is taken, the inception of effects is felt within minutes of smoking, and if it has been cooked and eaten, the effect would last for about 60 minutes. However, the effects can also remain up to 6 hours depending on the quality that has been used
Everything on this earth should be taken in a limited amount, be it medicine, alcohol, smoking, or even food. Excess of anything leads to discomfort and can be harmful in the future, and Marijuana is no different. Recreational marijuana if taken should be taken in limited quantity as long as it’s not harmful to someone’s mental and physical health.
Characteristics of recreational marijuana
You should understand the characteristics of recreational marijuana, and they are as follows:
The use of recreational marijuana is quite occasional. It should not be a frequent or regular way of spending time. Maximum time is spent on crucial activities.
No compulsion to use
Recreational marijuana is not consumed on compulsion. The person himself decides whether to use marijuana or not. Even when it is offered for free, there is no compulsion to use it.
Use small amounts
The consumer can use only a trifle amount of marijuana that has a mild after effect. If the person does not want to overdo it, he can always use a small amount.
Use in a social environment
Recreational marijuana is used in social settings, and it helps the person to relax through the day.
You don’t need to spend excessive money on recreational marijuana. It is less expensive than the essentials things like clothing, food, bills, and household goods.
Advantages of recreational marijuana
Recreational marijuana offers positive effects on the body. Some of the major benefits of recreational marijuana are:
- Smoking is a common means of bonding with friends and peers. Marijuana can be an amazing alternative to smoking as it helps people to speak up freely, exchange ideas, and come close to their friends.
- Marijuana heightens the senses, and that leads to the enhanced sound of music and taste of food.
- Marijuana helps to unlock the creativity of a person. Some of the variants make the users feel creative, artistic and energized. It helps people to think out of the box by interacting with the brain effectively.
- Marijuana makes people more open to new and updated information. It helps them to believe others and offers the ability to persuade others.
- Marijuana brings out the inner child in an individual. This trait is helpful while you are trying to adjust and cope up with the daily stress.
Some people are shy naturally, and marijuana can help such people to feel differently. Shyness is a social disadvantage, and marijuana can help you become more outgoing, vocal, and confident. Marijuana can influence a person positively in many ways; however, you should know how to use it the right way.