It is an easy and a quick recipe to make Cannabutter which allows you to infuse the cannabis with butter and enjoy it with meals.
You can drizzle this prepared cannabutter either over popcorn or pasta and have an instant satisfaction. You can also reserve your freshly made butter in the freezer or fridge for later use in recipes.
It is very tricky to prepare Cannabutter, as you need to achieve the decarboxylation of THC from its acid phase to the psychoactive form by heating it at low temperature for extended periods.
You need to bake the cannabis for ½ to 1 hour at 200-250 degree F or 120 degrees C, to completely decarboxylate the Cannabutter.
However, if you are preparing for the patients suffering from medical conditions, it is advised to use 2 ounces of Cannabis in each pound of butter to make Cannabutter highly efficient and potent, i.e., with double strength.
How to make cannabutter? Quick recipes for preparing cannabutter
- First recipe to make Cannabutter
- ½ cup of salted butter.
- ¼ ounce of finely ground Cannabis buds.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Level of difficulty: easy
Serving size: ½ cup
- A large saucepan or pot
- A large glass bowl
- A sieve or strain which fits the glass bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Lidded glass jar for storing the finished Cannabutter
- Butter knife
- Place the butter in a saucepan and allow it to melt on low heat. Now add the ground buds and let it simmer on low heat for around 45 minutes and keep stirring frequently.
(You need to simmer it either directly on stove or place it in a slow cooker at 200-250 degree F for extended periods to avoid burning Cannabis)
- Now strain the butter into a glass dish which has a tight-fitting lid by using a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Keep pushing the back side of a spoon or spatula on the plant matter and smash it against the filter, allowing the material to squeeze each drop of butter from it into the glass dish.
- After entirely achieving the butter, discard the plant material.
- Use the Cannabutter immediately or save it for later use in the freezer or refrigerator. It remains fresh for around six months in the fridge.
- One pound of butter or 4 sticks of butter can absorb around 1 ounce of Cannabis in it, but you need to simmer it for approximately 60 minutes.
- 2nd recipe to make Cannabutter
- 1 lb. of unsalted butter.
- 1 ounce of grounded, decarboxylated cannabis buds or 1 ½ ounce of Cannabis trim but of high-quality- this recipe will prepare a potent Butter, however, if you want a lighter version then reduce the amount of Cannabis.
- 1 cup of water.
- Stove method: Add water and butter in a saucepan or stockpot and allow the butter to melt and simmer over low heat. Water in this recipe aids in regulating the temperature, preventing the butter from burning or scorching. When the butter melts, add the finely ground cannabis in the saucepan.
Maintain the stock pot on low heat, allowing the mixture to simmer for approximately 2-3 hours and stir occasionally. Avoid bringing the cannabis and butter to full boil.
- Slow cooker method: Keep the slow cooker over low heat and add all the ingredients, let it simmer for 8-24 hours, stirring the mixture occasionally. When you allow the cannabis to simmer for longer, it infuses the butter entirely with the cannabinoids in the final product.
For both the methods mentioned above, strain the mixture similarly as quoted in the first recipe. However, with water in this recipe, you need to cover and refrigerate the remaining liquid the entire night or till the butter is completely hard.
Once the butter turns hard, the water will separate from the butter, allowing the cannabutter to lift off entirely without the water in this recipe by using a knife to flip the butter from the edge.
When you remove the cannabutter, discard the leftover water and allow the cannabutter to soften at room temperature for using it over recipes. Avoid using the microwave for melting the butter.
- 3rd recipe to make Cannabutter
Use a magical Botanical Extractor which automatically converts the cannabis to the eatable form with the help of a microprocessor-controlled precision and ease. It is a perfect recipe with minimal effort if you have a magical botanical extractor.
While the decarboxylation of cannabis buds is performed, clarify the butter also known as drawn butter. For better clarification of butter, you need to melt it in a saucepan over low heat until the hard butter sticks divide into three simplified layers.
The first and the more significant thickness comprising of the clarified golden butterfat sandwiched in between the two thin layers of white colored milk fat. Skim off and now discard the top, creamy layer.
Transfer the yellow layer in a glass container with a lid, but be careful in leaving the whey and water in the bottom of the saucepan.
The yellow butterfat is the clarified butter which you will use in the magical botanical extractor. The end product will be achieved with a green tint due to the chlorophyll present in the plant.
- Place all the ingredients along with the clarified butter and cannabis in the magical butter machine, securing the head. Now press the temperature button and choose 160 degrees F or 71 degrees C, press for 2 hours or choose the butter button.
- The butter machine, cooks, chops, grinds, stirs and steeps the infusing automatically extracts the phytonutrients and herbal richness from the buds of cannabis in the finely prepared butter with the digital accuracy.
- When the cycle of butter preparation is complete, the botanical extractor will beep to alert you that you are ready with the extract.
- Pour the cannabutter into a reusable nylon Purify Filter, holding it over the container and wear Silicone Gloves to protect your hands from hot contents.
- Finally, you can enjoy the Cannabutter with all your recipes and have fun.
- 4th recipe to make Cannabutter
Some people prefer using crockpot method for achieving the rich cannabis butter.
- 1oz of cannabis buds.
- 1 lb. of unsalted butter.
- Two drops of vanilla extract.
- Turn the crockpot to the highest setting.
- Add butter along with the vanilla extract in the pan and let it melt.
- Now add the decarboxylated cannabis buds in the pot and cover it.
- Set the timer for around 8 hours and occasionally stir after every half an hour.
- After 8 hours, let it cool for safe handling and strain the mixture through the cheesecloth over the heat-safe container.
- Cover the glass container with a plastic wrap and let it refrigerate for around 6-8 hours.
- Retrieve the butter after its hardened from the fridge and scrape the grainy, bottom layer with the help of a knife.
- Enjoy your meal with the addition of cannabutter to them.
- 5th recipe to make Cannabutter using coconut oil or butter for Cannabutter preparation
Some individuals do not like butter so they can opt for coconut oil which has an excellent taste and rich in benefits. It also aids in extracting THC altogether, which can be utilized for cooking or health products.
- ½ cup of coconut oil or butter.
- ¼ ounce of cannabis trim.
- One tsp. granules of Soy Lecithin.
- Mesh strainer
- Ceramic dish
- Cut the cannabis with a scissor and decarboxylate as mentioned above for using it in the recipe by placing it in a ceramic bowl over the foil.
- Place the coconut oil or butter in a pan and place it on the stovetop over low heat, allowing it to melt.
- Add the Soy lecithin to the decarboxylated Cannabis and add melted coconut butter over the herb, stir the mixture again with a spatula and place it in the oven for around 50 minutes at approximately 220 degrees after 50 minutes, add another half tsp. Of Soy lecithin over the herbs, stir it again and place it in the oven for another 50 minutes.
- After you are done with it, allow it to cool and place it in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Now remove the mixture from the fridge, letting it cool down and strain the plant material. Enjoy your freshly prepared coconut cannabis butter oil.
It is very tricky to dose the homemade edibles and learns regarding their potency. So, it is better to start with the small portion of the cannabutter serving and wait for 1-2 hours, till you observe the effects and consume more.
The Cannabutter provides you with slow and steady results, allowing you to stay euphoric and serves as a pain-relieving agent.
Be careful while dosing the cannabutter and listen to the body. If you want to prepare the top quality cannabutter, then follow the key to be “low and slow.”
You can enjoy cannabutter with your pancakes or waffles. You can also use the cannabutter in your recipes such as Cannabis spaghetti sauce or Apple canna crisp and many others. You can also enjoy the canna butter with oats or risotto.