The unprocessed marijuana plant that is used for pharmaceutical medicine production is called medical marijuana. The plant has a lot of medical benefits for people suffering from ailments, anxiety, stress-related issues, and sleep disorders.
The scientific study shows that marijuana helps overcome several health issues without any side effects.
The FDA does not recognize marijuana or the CBD extract as a medicine. Therefore it is not as openly prescribed. However, studies and researches have clearly shown the efficacy of medical marijuana but how does any person use it?
If you have any medical condition, you go to the doctor, and one prescribes medicine. But, if you want to use marijuana, how do you get a prescription? Do we have right medical marijuana doctors for prescriptions?
When an individual decides to take marijuana, it can give way to many questions like where to find an authentic doctor and whether that particular practitioner has the knowledge to prescribe a dosage for you or not?
With time, we have gathered enough evidence that marijuana contains beneficial cannabinoids such as CBD and THC that help in improving health.
However, since there is still some doubt about its efficacy, many doctors don’t recognize it as a medicine or even as a substance that may assist drugs in improving health conditions.
What Is A Marijuana Doctor?
A marijuana doctor is one who can navigate within the evident parameters of marijuana benefits. Just like doctors need to research about medicines, their impact on each and the symptoms that would require medication. A doctor who has read enough about marijuana and knows how much of this natural supplement will be adequate for individual patients is your marijuana doctor.
This kind of doctor can help find out what dosage will be right for the patient. A marijuana doctor’s goal is to treat the patient without getting them high, or prescribing marijuana for pleasure.
So when you find one, remember that will only address your health issues and not provide dosage to make you feel high or drowsy.
Medical Doctor Qualifications And Things To Consider
A marijuana doctor is a term that defines a practitioner who has knowledge of marijuana usage for patients. This practitioner has to be a doctor, who can identify symptoms and understands pharmaceutical medications as well. Any marijuana doctor that you seek will be a medical doctor by profession and will possess the same skill as your regular one.
When you are determined to find a doctor, here are a few things that you would like to keep in mind. We have made this ordeal easier for you, although finding marijuana is not as tough as it may seem.
Here are the few things to be noted when you are going to search for the right weed Dr:
- Consider consult with a doctor: Many doctors who have no knowledge of marijuana or are hesitant to recommend it and discourage patients from trying this supplement. If your general physician has not endorsed or even discouraged you from using marijuana; you can still consult a doctor who knows the efficacy of cannabis. Based on the research available, and upon observing the symptoms and health issues you have, a medical marijuana doctor will be able to recommend a dosage of this supplement that can benefit you in many ways. You can discuss your medical history with a marijuana doctor and let him examine you for any symptoms or health conditions that require help. Once the doctor has deduced the illness or ailment, a specified dosage of marijuana can be recommended.
- Ask for a medical prescription: Since the FDA does not recognize marijuana as a medicine, doctors in the country will not prescribe any supplement as a cure or solution to any medical condition. Before explaining this further, let’s understand that a medical prescription is the doctor’s recommendation to take a pharmaceutical medicine. Since marijuana is not a medicine, if a doctor recommends to you, it will not be treated as a medical prescription but the doctor’s recommended dosage only. Doctors can recommend marijuana products for helping overcome some common illnesses such as pain, sleep disorders, stress-related issues, depression, and even arthritis. The marijuana doctor will not suggest the use of this plant supplement to get rid of any illness, but yes, they will tell you how much of CBD and THC you will need to overcome the conditions. A medical prescription is a drug that the patient must take to eliminate symptoms and gradually uproot the cause of illness. CBD or THC, the cannabinoids in marijuana that help overcome illness are not prescribed but can be suggested to aid medicine.
- Frequency of appointments: If you ever feel that you need to try marijuana for any health issue, you can search for a well-known marijuana doctor near you and consult him for the right dosage. Once you start taking marijuana, you will notice an increase in energy and positivity with pain relief. You can reduce or increase the dosage of marijuana after consulting your doctor, but there is no particular need to keep regular visits or get tests since the energetic feeling and focus will be enough for you to decide whether you have to continue or not.
Where to Look for Right Marijuana Doctor Information
If you think there may be a shortage of doctors that can prescribe marijuana, you may be wrong. When you decide to take marijuana for your medical condition, you can find a reliable doctor by merely searching on the directories and web information available.
You can register with the Cannabis Commission, which will provide names of all the marijuana doctors listed in areas near you. These doctors are certified and strictly follow state laws. You can look for a marijuana doctor from the Internet or ask your general physician.
Nowadays, marijuana prescriptions are a common thing; therefore there should be no issue with finding doctors who understand marijuana prescription. However, you must verify if the doctors you search are authentic and certified MDs.
A Marijuana Doctor Near You
There are numerous forums, depending on your location, which can provide contacts and details of doctors in your area.
In some states, it may be as easy as finding a general physician, but in other states, you might have to research a little. You can log on to the web and doctors, but if you have an MMJ card, it gets simpler.
There are several commissions and regulatory authorities for medical practitioners which may be helpful. You can even ask your doctor to recommend a marijuana doctor.
Cutting Out Doubts By Checking
Different states have different methods of ensuring a clean, bright and ensured process of finding all kinds of doctors. Ohio marijuana doctors can also register and mention their expertise. This way, the patients can find the right doctor near them and benefit from their knowledge and skill.
In Pennsylvania, doctors have to register with the Department of Health Physician Registry and complete a 4-hour training to be a medical marijuana doctor. After the training, these doctors are capable of issuing prescriptions, or recommendations as they are called, to patients.
In Maryland, you will register with the Cannabis Commission which can suggest authorized doctors with good knowledge of marijuana help you overcome health issues.
An authentic and certified doctor is your first step towards a healthier and better you. Once you know that your marijuana doctor is certified and knows what you need, you will have more faith in the prescription and therefore, can enjoy the benefits of this natural supplement that has helped millions of people.
In states where medical marijuana is allowed, you will find a similar method of registration and finding the right doctor. But first, you must know what your state laws say about medical weed.
Now marijuana is legalized all over the country but still finding a good marijuana source may be tricky even if you have the MMJ card.
The MMJ Card
To find a better quality of the supplement, you may require the MMJ card. It is a permit by the government to allow you to enter dispensaries or procure marijuana for medical or recreational use. This card may give you benefits such as discounts, better quality access or even grow your weed!
However, the plant that you buy with the MMJ access is not guaranteed to be pure and of the best quality.
This card can also help you find a good marijuana doctor in your area as you can access the health department’s listings of doctors and even get marijuana from good dispensaries without paying more.
Websites That Can Help
There are several websites that can locate registered and reliable doctors near you. It is simple to add a few details and find a list of practitioners. Here are a few names that may get you started.
- Marijuanadoctors.com is a network of licensed professional that can help with marijuana prescription after examining patients. It is a helpful and easy to follow site since it can provide with a list of doctors according to your area.
- mjbuddy.com is your log book to find marijuana doctors in different cities and states. It will also assist you in finding the right dispensary to get quality supplements.
- Leafly.com is a wonderful site in a way that it educates you about marijuana, your health requirements and also searches doctors for you in your area. You will be able to find doctors in a short time, and they will prove to be exactly as you wanted since the website only provides licensed and registered practitioners.
- Mmjdoctoronline.com is actually a website from where you can get an MMJ card at a good price! This card can later get you access to several doctors and vendors. There are several commissions and authorities that help people get quality cannabis so that they can benefit from this natural substance fully. This website will get you a step closer!
- Mmjdoctors.com is a website that also has Facebook pages. You can post your queries and also learn about the different doctors available. This way, you can decide which doctor, dispensary and product to use. Sometimes we learn from other people’s experiences, and this page is an excellent mode of communication. You can ask questions from users or patients of particular doctors as well.
- Hellomd.com is a cannabis community where you can locate doctors near you and also learn about marijuana and its quality measures. This community can be your insight into the benefits and uses of marijuana. The website can be used to get names of practitioners close to you so you can consult any of them as you desire.
- 420evaluationsonline.com is another detailed site that can provide lists of doctors in California. If you live on the Golden Coast then there is nothing you would like more!
There are several other websites and cannabis directories that can assist any patient. You will have to know your state laws before you start looking so that you know what kind of a prescription you can get.
It adds to your knowledge about lawful usage and where to find quality products. These websites can help you look for the right dispensaries and may give you information about good products so you can avoid frauds.
Look Out For The Red Flags
Every state has different laws, and you will have to learn them to see whether you can procure supplements for medical and recreational purposes.
Most of the states allow medical use of this natural substance, but some states still have limitations or restrictions for use. If you live in Oklahoma or New York, getting an MMJ card is easy, but in some other states, you will have to find out about it according to the specific state rules.
California, Maryland, Arkansas, Pennsylvania, New York, and several other states allow medical marijuana, and therefore, you can find doctors who can prescribe or recommend marijuana for various health issues.
However, you must ensure that you get the right quality products and that can be done with the different cannabis or marijuana regulatory authorities that have dispensaries and vendors registered to deliver the right supplements to you.
You can avoid fraud by only subscribing to dispensaries and vendors that are known and have a large clientele. This subscription ensures the quality in some ways and may also reduce the chance of overcharged products.