Kratom is one amazing tool that has reshaped the lives of many people, by making it enjoyable, giving them an opportunity to live a relaxed life and treating pain if they suffer from any.
It is something that has allowed many to live happy lives. Kratom is the single greatest substance that can aid in reducing anxiety, elevating mood and calming one. Talking about kratom for beginners, this substance may appear confusing.
The common questions that pop into a beginner’s mind when they come to know of Kratom include; What is Kratom?
Which strain is best for me? What is the right dosage for me? What are the different strains?
Will I suffer from any side effects if I take it? What is it effective for? We are here to answer all these questions for the beginners.
Kratom for beginners – What is Kratom?
Kratom is a plant that grows in Southeast Asia, mostly in different parts of Indonesia and Malaysia.
The generic name of the plant is Mitragyna Speciosa and the active ingredients of the plant are two alkaloids; mitragynine and 7-hydroxy mitragynine.
These two alkaloids act on the various opiate receptors of the brain, especially the mu receptors. However, it is not an opiate. This means that it has a safer profile as compared to opiates.
One can build the tolerance to Kratom as well but the threshold to develop tolerance is quite high as compared to that of opiates.
Kratom is mainly used in the withdrawal of opiates and to relieve one from pain as it has an amazing analgesic property.
What are the various strains of Kratom?
Kratom comes in various forms. Kratom for a beginner is always interested in the various forms of Kratom and their properties.
These veins further have types based on their properties, area of origin and there can also be blends of various strains.
However, the type of classification we will discuss is based on the onset of action. So what are the strains that can be labeled as fast, moderate and slow ones? Let’s have a look.
FAST STRAINS: Maeng Da is a fast strain. It produces stimulation and makes one energetic. Maeng Da increases productivity, focus and attention span. It increases sociability and enhances motivation. Thai strains are also considered fast strains.
MODERATE STRAINS: The moderate strains of Kratom are generally derived from Indonesia and Malaysia, so they are called Indo and Malay respectively. These strains are both a mix of fast and slow strains. The effects are variable but generally, they are mild stimulants.
What are their benefits?
If you are new to kratom or in search of kratom for beginners, you must be well aware of their benefits.
Various strains of Kratom have various benefits. Mostly they benefit the anxiety and depression patients as Kratom acts as an anxiolytic and an antidepressant.
It helps in creating and enhancing optimism, this one feels more positive and happy. Kratom aids in getting off drugs like hydrocodone, tramadol, Suboxone etc.
It lowers the blood pressure to a considerable extent helping people who suffer from hypertension.
Kratom is a very good analgesic, thus people who suffer from chronic pain, find it quite useful. It suppresses appetite thus it is very useful for obese people. Also, it enhances sexual arousal, increases libido and treats premature ejaculation.
What is the recommended dosage of various strains?
• Threshold Dosage: 2-2.5 grams (depends on user’s weight)
• Recommended dose: 4-5 grams- At this dose, the user starts feeling the effects and these effects may last up to 6 hours on average.
• High dose: 4-6 grams (Sedating effects ensue at this dosage)
• Medium dose: 2.5-4 grams
• Low dose: 2-2.5 grams (Stimulating effects)
• Very high doses of 6-9 grams are used by those who develop tolerance to this strain, but a newbie will start getting effects even at 1.5 grams.
Dosage by grams
• Mild- 1 to 2 grams
• Moderate- 2 to 4.5 grams
• High- 5 to 10 grams
Dosage by Teaspoon
• Mild- 0.5 to 0.9 Tsp
• Moderate- 1 to 2 Tsp
• High- 2 to 3.5 Tsp
• High dose: 4-6 grams
• Medium dose: 2.5-4 grams
• Low dose: 2-2.5 grams
• Threshold dose: 2grams of Maeng Da
• Average dose: 4 grams of Maeng Da
• Large dose: 8 grams and above of Maeng Da
How shall I take it?
Kratom for beginners are often confused with how they shall take it? Well! here are various ways to take Kratom.
Some of them are as below;
• Toss and Wash method: Toss the powder in your mouth, take a sip of water and swallow.
• Mix with juice: This will reduce the bitterness of Kratom
• Make Kratom Tea
• Mix it with protein powder
• Take it in the form of capsules
• Make an extract or tincture out of it
• Make Kratom cookies
Do I need to change the strain regularly?
Rotation of the strains is necessary to avoid tolerance as well as dependence. If you take Kratom more than 5 times a week you need to rotate your Kratom.
Try burning one strain per day. Take slow strain on one day, fast on another and then go back to a moderate or slow one.
What do I need to know as a beginner?
If you are looking for kratom for beginners then you need to know the following things:
• Stay hydrated
• Take Kratom three hours after eating or an hour before eating.
• To find your sweet spot, always start from the small dose and then gradually increase it.
• Do not overdo it.
• Take extracts and tinctures with caution.
• Do not take Kratom more than twice in one day.
• If you get any side effects, stop taking that particular strain.
• Avoid crushed leaf.