Using Kratom has its own perks and advantages. The experience is not same among all Kratom users, it varies differently. If you ask any Kratom user, one will tell you how some particular Kratom strain works for her/him.
The only highly undesirable feeling that sometimes shows up is when you overdose it. That is a common case when you are with friends and may try Kratom a little too long.
Also when you aren’t sure on how much is sufficient for you as a standard dose. Or, maybe you are having a low tolerance even with the standard Kratom dose. Whatever the case is, these extreme Kratom effects are easy to show up.
There are so many ways, which can lead to a high feeling after the Kratom use. It is uncomfortable but not lethal.
The best part is that you can try a number of ways to deal with Kratom too high. Here are the best tips that you need to know when your Kratom experiences make you too high.
Does Kratom get you too high?
Kratom is around us for centuries. It is a part of remedial recipes in Indonesia, Thailand and surrounding areas of Southeast Asia for long.
The intense Kratom effects make it a perfect choice for the working class. Analgesic effects prove it to be a good choice for natural pain-killing medicines.
All the properties of Kratom are due to the alkaloids of it. Mitragynine and 7-Hydroxymitragynine are two prominent names in the chemical makeup of Kratom, which make a larger part of its constituents.
A research published in Drug Design, Development and Therapy (2015), a peer review journal elaborated the Pharmacokinetics of Mitragynine in man.
As Kratom is banned in Thailand, the experiment was based on chronic, regular and healthy users. It followed a 7-day time period of giving them Kratom tea.
The different dosage was used to determine linearity in the pharmacokinetics of Kratom. The samples from 17 points determined the Mitragynine levels and urine concentrations through liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method.
It was the first ever study of pharmacokinetic of Kratom in humans. It enforced the medicinal use of Kratom as a painkiller or an opiate substitute.
More than medicinal, the reasons to use Kratom are well-being, calmness, productivity, and activeness. It is ideal for the dual job workers, night shift workers, students and other professional users.
Second to Mitragynine, the 7-Hydroxymitragynine is an important alkaloid which helps with mood enhancement, mental alertness, and confidence booster.
In case of Kratom high, the amount of these two alkaloids exceeds what it normally takes to induce the Kratom effects.
As a result of it, the users feel an extreme state, which feels more like hallucinating and dizzy. In this situation, YES, Kratom can sometimes make you high when you overdose it.
If mixed with caffeinated beverages or other potentiators it makes one high. This is comparable to the one produced by consumption of Opiates.
When Kratom acts on the Opiate receptors in the brain, it does so in a fashion similar to that of morphine.
This induces a release of particular neurotransmitters or chemical messengers that are important in the regulation of mood and influence the decision-making process.
Increased level of these neurotransmitters makes one feel good, elevating mood, feeling mellow and free from stress. This is how you feel when you are high.
According to users on various drug forums including Reddit.
Kratom has high potency and efficacy and that it causes intense euphoria and stimulation.
It makes the user high without causing any discomfort.
Most users claimed that they like taking Kratom more than Opiates as it produces better euphoria or buzz and the effects start showing up quite quickly, within 5-15 minutes.
However, Opiates have more strength when compared to Kratom.
However, on the plus side, Kratom has less abuse potential and is considered less addictive so it can be used to produce the desired buzz.
Other users claim that Opiates are way stronger. Injecting heroin can cause quick effects and produce high while Kratom takes up to 15 minutes to show effects.
What are the effects associated with Kratom high?
The subjective Kratom effects, as reported by the users are increased energy, stamina, strength, concentration, optimism, stress-free, analgesia and euphoria.
When someone says a high feeling due to Kratom, it means all these effects but maximum by intensity.
It means that the extreme sociability, ultimate talkativeness, sedative euphoria and all other related effects are similar to opiates.
A research published in Drug and Alcohol Dependence (2014) explains that the physical symptoms of Kratom overdose include muscle spasms, difficulty in sleeping, runny eyes and nose, lost appetite, hot flashes, fever, diarrhoea, and dizziness.
The psychological effects are restlessness, stress, depression, anger, agitation, sadness and nervousness.
You are more vulnerable to these effects if you are a new Kratom user, unable to determine the right dose or just too excited to use Kratom that you are taking more than your requirement.
Best Kratom for producing Opiate similar ‘High’
Red Maeng Da and other strains of Kratom which are highly stimulant produce Opiate type ‘high’ provided the dosage range between six to eight grams. Higher doses can lead to sedation.
Easy guideline to manage the high Kratom effects
Following is a complete manual of your self-help plan over Kratom effects. By succeeding the steps below, you can easily get over the undesirable Kratom overdose effects.
- Calm your nerves Doesn’t look like the real thing? No problem, it will still work.The foremost thing to realize that Kratom is being a little more active than normal is fine. You being panic about it won’t practically help but make it worse.The symptoms of taking too much Kratom need some time to heal. Naturally, it is same like feeling and fading away from the effects of common medicines.This dissipates time can be minutes or hours without and subsidiary effects. Just give it some time and don’t stress over it. Like all other things, it will pass too.Contrary to what you may have heard, the possibilities of death by Kratom are zero in records. It cannot kill anyone because it is not lethal.There is not a single case of death by Kratom in history ever. So don’t freak out if you read on any xyz blog that Kratom is lethal.Just keep in mind that the overdose Kratom effects are accidental but they go in a while, nothing to worry about.
- Follow the pre-set dose Not really a control strategy but it is better to prepare a Kratom dose in advance. You know better about how much Kratom you can tolerate.Either you are doing it at home or with a bunch of friends; don’t take an extreme dose, which can be a problem.It is better if you can prepare a dose before Kratom session that matches your tolerance level.In this way, you can comfortably enjoy Kratom at home or along with friends. Also, there will be least chances to risk a high dose.All that you will take is what you can handle. More importantly, you won’t feel any unpleasant effect, which may go out of the hands.Start from slow; make extra care if you are using a higher Kratom strain. The best is to start with a minimum dose i.e. 1.0 to 2.0 grams. Or you can take more if you have a previous experience with Kratom.If you are an occasional user, always prefer a threshold Kratom dose. It is not recommended to take Kratom repeatedly for hours.
- Hydrate your body Water, as important as it is for you normally, becomes more important when you are using Kratom.Hydration doesn’t always mean water. You can take any liquid of your choice excluding the alcohol-based beverages.Make sure that you have an on-hand access to water, juice or similar non-caffeinated drinks when you use Kratom.Whenever you feel that it is getting a little intense, start hydrating your body. It will wash away the Kratom remains from your system as soon as possible.
- Try black pepper If your stress levels are too high to handle while using Kratom, one thing can help you. Black pepper is a common kitchen ingredient, which almost everyone contains.The medicinal effects of black pepper are no more a myth. But what you don’t know is that black pepper sniffing helps to alleviate stress level. It is an instant relief remedy that helps.
- Take proper rest Resting the body is essentially required when any type of stress hits you.Find yourself a calm resting place where you can pass the time. Take deep breaths and calm the body naturally.It also includes sleeping time. You can take a nap when you are feeling dizzy by Kratom.It is not easy to stop all these effects and sleep but if you try it, there is nothing better than that.The drowsiness and fatigue will automatically go if you spend a few hours sleeping or resting.This is the natural healing time that the body requires before acting completely functional again.Get up when you feel that effects are no longer dominant on you. This sleeping and resting technique will make you fresh.
- Go for a walk If you cant shut your brain and induce a sleep, try doing an alternate activity. For example, you can go for a walk.The change of environment and fresh air will make you feel better. The blood circulation will be improved and you will feel better.Just make sure that you are not leaving the nearby area to your home. In case this doesn’t help, you can always come back and rest at home. When you are far away from home, going back will make you even more uncomfortable.
- Take a hot shower This only works when you are in your own house. You can freshen up your mind by taking a hot shower or bath.It will make you feel better. But you can’t try it if you are at someone else’s place or in a social gathering.You can also combine it with any other relaxing option i.e. take a shower and go to sleep or return from a walk and take a shower etc.
- Divert your attention If the resting or refreshing option for mind doesn’t seem like working for you, try something else.There are things that you can try when you are high and they are a good distraction too. For example, you can try any of the following.
- Watch a movie or season.
- Watch cartoons.
- Listen to good music.
- Play a video game.
- Talk to your friends.
- Spend time with loved ones
- Play with your pets.
- Do a calming activity i.e. colouring.
- Eat your favourite food.You can select any of these or combine any of them. Whichever distraction works for you, select that.As a result of these, your brain will induce positive feelings, returning back to the normal functions. This will make the uncomfortable Kratom effects go in less time.
You can try Cannabidiol(CBD)
CBD is one amazing product that you can try to fight against the stress and anxiety. It will make your Kratom overdosing go in less time.
You will feel better eventually. A research from Neurotherapeutics (2015) elaborates that cannabidiol is an effective product for stress, anxiety, and related disorders.
Another similar research published at Pharmaceuticals (Basel) in 2012 says that cannabidiol has anxiolytic, antiemetic, anti-inflammatory and antipsychotic properties for human targets.
It is enough to believe that it will eventually help in Kratom overdose related stress as well.
In case all these suggestions fail to help you, you can try seeking medical help. When the overdosing is extremely high, none of these tricks may work. In this regard, only a treatment with medicines can help you.
You should tell your doctor about your Kratom intake and the used dose. Don’t worry if Kratom is illegal in your area. The medical ethics ensure to save the harmful risks caused by any means.
Hopefully, all the above-mentioned strategies can help to make your body functioning normally again.
Share your experiences and proficiency with any social platform so that it can help the other members of our Kratom family.