Kratom is a native tree of Southeast Asia (Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Borneo). It is a folk medicine, used commonly for sedation, stimulation, recreation and the treatment of opiate addiction.
Since its discovery, people have used many methods for the intake to get the most out of the leaves. Some directly chew the leaves while others prefer making a herbal tea out of it.
There are numerous techniques for taking Kratom, among which some are conventional while others are non-conventional.
The natives, being used to the taste, often chewed the fresh leaves after removing the stringy central vein.
People used to eat dried leaves too, but being a bit hard, many people now prefer to crush them or powder them up for a better consumption. Following are some methods to gulp down any Kratom.
Conventional methods for Kratom intake
Toss And Wash
It is one of the simplest, easiest, and quickest ways for Kratom consumption. It helps you take over with your Kratom as quickly as possible with the least preparation.
To initiate, you must have some food in your stomach and a banana after which you will toss and wash the Kratom.
Make sure you place the measured quantity of Kratom within a cup so that you don’t have to put the measuring utensil anywhere near your mouth. Now follow these steps precisely.
- Put on the gloves and extract a measured quantity of Kratom powder. 1-2 teaspoons are enough for required effects.
- Grab a half-filled cup of water and drink it in a way that it remains in your oral cavity.
- Just after that, take out your measured Kratom and toss it inside your mouth (which already has water in it from the previous step). Wash or shake your Kratom powder in your mouth until it has been dissolved fully with water.
- Drink the mixture and wait for results.
Make a Kratom tea
Making a Kratom tea is one of the most commonly used methods. It only entails the following steps:
- Take out some leaves of the desired Kratom plant.
- Mix it with hot water and then boil the mixture on a low flame for a better outflow of Kratom juice into the water.
- Strain the water to remove the extra leaf and drink the resulting liquid.
The method is very effective, yet it can limit some effects of Kratom. The analgesic effect is masked noticeably unless one prefers to take the powder from alongside the tea.
You can hear a lot of concoctions about Mixing Kratom with some mouthwatering ingredients.
The basic idea here is to ensure that Kratom gets down your throat quickly. The only limit in this category is your imagination as it is about personal demands.
Following are some examples of the mixtures you can easily make.
Chocolate Kratom milkshake
It is the nicest way for Kratom intake. It is easy to make, and it masks the bitter taste of Kratom, allowing users to get sweet pleasures.
Since enough chocolate milk is added to present in the mixture, this recipe tastes better than a Kratom milk shake.
To make a chocolate Kratom milk shake, follow these steps very carefully:
- Put one dose of powdered Kratom in an empty container.
- Pour an equal amount of chocolate milk which can be 1-2 tablespoons.
- Swirl the mixture until you get a homogenous mixture. Add some more milk until the mixture is free of lumps.
- Drink the mixture leaving no left outs.
- Add a little more chocolate milk in the empty container and stir it so that the Kratom particles clinging to the sides of the glass get mixed into the milk. Drink and enjoy till the very last drop.
Those who don’t like any of these techniques or simply don’t want to affect their taste can go for the tablet option.
To capsule, the Kratom powder is relatively straightforward and great idea as you can easily buy a Kratom capsule or you can make a pill yourself by different machines.
Capsules are not a preferred method due to three reasons:
- Capsules can be expensive. The tablets cost roughly double the price of Kratom powder.
- Tablets put an adverse effect on the Kratom image. It makes Kratom look more like a drug than a herb.
- Capsules can be pretty hard to digest and, therefore, can lead to delayed or no effect at all.
Unconventional methods of consuming Kratom
The rolling paper method
Many people have suggested using the rolling paper method as the taste of Kratom is unappealing to many users.
It tastes like a herbal tea which can be disgusting to many people. This approach, as weird as it sounds, does work and assists you in getting immense pleasure.
Following are some steps to use this technique:
- Take out a rolling paper. You can buy it from any local shops for around $1.
- Roll the Kratom paper into a pill-like shape. Fold the ends to ensure that the powder does not slip out. Swallowing can be easy if you follow this technique.
- Now drink a half-full glass of water simultaneously with the pill.
It will feel like taking a large bolus of food inside your throat so you will have to train yourself a bit before you can use this technique on a regular basis.
The paper will be dissolved and easily digested in your stomach, and the effects of Kratom will start to appear within 15-20 minutes.
The quid method
The quid has been used by the natives of Southeastern Asia since centuries. It is uncommon in the western world due to reduced availability of fresh leaves.
The quid follows the steps of bundling the Kratom leaves, chewing on them and holding them in the saliva.
This method is an efficient way to get maximum effects of Kratom as it mostly bypasses digestion.
However, those of you who can’t get some freshly picked leaves must focus on some other means to for maximum pleasure.
Some more non-conventional methods listed in the table below:
|Smoking Kratom||Smoking a Kratom is also an option, but this method is not preferable as the amount of leaf that constitutes a typical dose is burned away, leaving a very low dose behind.|
|Resin-like Extract||Evaporating the water from the Kratom tea can provide a resin-like extract. This kratom resin stored for later use. You can also make small pellets and can eat them directly or pour them into hot water to make Kratom tea again.|
|Kratom powder with ordinary tea||People can put some powdered Kratom into regular black tea or any other herbal tea to make it more or less like a Kratom tea. Sugar or honey can be added to make the drink more palatable.|