Every human body is made up of millions of cells that continue to grow and divide and die at a particular time by the process of apoptosis after performing its function. Also, the body consists of specific genes namely oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes that function to manage the ability of a cell to divide and indicate it to stop growing and expire respectively.
Any alteration in these genes causes an abnormal growth of body cells that ultimately results in forming tumors.
The cells that cause cancer undergo various stages in which it multiplies to develop into a tumor. First, the cancer cells go through a hyperplasia stage in which they extensively multiply and increase in number.
During the second phase, dysplasia, the cancer cells look distorted. When grown to an extent, the cancer cells produce a primary tumor that later starts repressing the neighboring cells.
Invasion, the fourth stage stimulate cancer to grow and invade the surrounding cells. Finally, the fifth phase called metastasis, in which the cancer cells start spreading into the human body through the lymph fluid or blood and initiate the dividing process somewhere again.
The exact genesis of cancer is still unknown, but research proved multiple factors to be involved including, ionizing radiation or certain chemicals or viruses.
There are various available treatments for cancer such as radiation therapy, stem cell transplant, chemotherapy, surgery or much more. However, recently several researchers presented the idea of using CBD oil for treating cancer due to its anticancer properties.
What is CBD?
Undoubtedly cannabis oil has turned into a favorite topic as a potentially astounding therapy for various medical conditions such as cancer, depression, or anxiety disorders. For thousands of years, cannabis plants had used for different recreational and medicinal purposes.
Several scientists have explored that cannabinoid receptors and endocannabinoid system perform a vast group of functions in our body including, assisting in neural activity, promoting heart health, energy metabolism, reproduction, and even immune system.
CBD oil is extracted from the cannabis sativa plant via solvent extraction procedure. CBD oil has the most potent impact because it is the most concentrated product. The CBD oil is available in various forms; it can be orally ingested, vaporized, blended with creams for beauty care, used as a suppository and applied topically.
Cannabidiol is highly reactive with the endocannabinoid system and has no toxicity. Cannabinoids are even produced in our body, and it attaches themselves to the receptors namely CB1 and CB2 in the body to generate their potential effects.
Researchers suggested that CBD oil efficiently treats various chronic pain conditions as it has anti-inflammatory properties; furthermore, it assists in treating mental disorders, diabetes type 1, epilepsy,
Alzheimer’s, cancer, migraines, PTSD, and much more. Also, it helps with drug withdrawals and quit smoking.
CBD for Treating Cancer – How it Works?
Back in the 1970s, several researchers at The International Cannabinoid Research Society studied the anticancer properties of the cannabinoids and investigated its impact on the human body.
Every human cell consists of two essential organelles namely endoplasmic reticulum and mitochondria.
Mitochondria produce energy in the form of ATP while endoplasmic reticulum synthesizes various proteins and metabolites that helps in nourishing the cell. Cannabinoids including CBD and THC have different mechanisms of regulating death of a cancer cell whereas a typical body cell does not react to the cannabinoids.
THC attaches to the CB1 receptors on the surface of the cancer cell and increases the level of ceramide that stimulates mitochondria to enhance the permeability of cytochrome C. Ultimately; mitochondria disrupts itself by releasing reactive oxygen species along with the cytochrome C protein.
Also, the increase in ceramide causes the other cannabinoid, CBD to efficiently disrupt the endoplasmic reticulum by altering the calcium metabolism in the cancer cells.
The ceramide stimulates CBD to generate genotoxic stress in the nucleus of the cancer cell that results in the production of a p53 protein that functions to disturb the calcium metabolism. Ceramide also operates to destroy the digestive system of the cancer cell by wrecking the cellular lysosomes.
Also, the CBD assists in killing the cancer cells with the help of the Caspase Cascade. The purpose of this cascade is to break down all the peptides and proteins present in the cancer cell that results in its death.
Usually, healthy cells of the body don’t react to these alterations; hence, no cell death occurs. Therefore, the cancer killing process gets activated by the accumulation of ceramide in the endocannabinoid system and the intake of cannabinoids.
CBD and Cancer: What Research Says?
Research at California Pacific Medical Center portrayed that CBD has the potential to halt the impact of DNA that causes various types of cancer.
The scientists initiated with investigating the brain cancer and found out that CBD works impressively great with many aggressive cancers associated with elevated levels of ID-1. CBD slows down the growth of the cancer cell and induces apoptosis. It reduces inflammation and restricts the blood vessels that helps in nourishing tumors.
Research on Cannabidiol as a potential anticancer drug presented that CBD is comparatively preferred more than THC due to the reason that its non-psychoactive. CBD has antiproliferative properties that restrict the proliferation of the cancer cells and inhibit hyperplasia stage.
It has a pro-apoptotic impact that stimulates cell death. Furthermore, it efficiently helps in arresting the invasion and adhesion of the cancer cells and halt their migration and spread in all over the body.
Another research explained the mechanism of the CBD’s anti-invasive action associated with upregulation of TIMP-1 (Tissue Inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-1). This association of CBD with TIMP-1 helps in stopping the invasion of cancer cells in the body. It protects the healthy cells from damage.
Research published in the Jornal Nature Reviews Center towards the implication of cannabinoids as anti-tumor agents portrayed how CBD helps in preventing the spread of cancer by restricting blood vessels and stop its proliferation. It triggers apoptosis and assists in treating cancer.
Important Facts to Know About CBD Oil for Cancer
- Various studies presented that smoked CBD assists in preventing vomiting and treating nausea induced by the cancer chemotherapy.
- According to the new research at National Cancer Institute, CBD oil plays a significant role in fighting cancer by reducing its spread and regulating cell death.
- CBD oil may alter the appetite as a side effect but reduces the feelings of pain and inflammation.
- There is no need of proper prescription of CBD oil if you want to use it for medicinal purposes, having at least a conversation with your doctor about your intake of CBD oil regularly, can inform you about all the facts and risks.
- CBD oil possesses around 483 unique chemical compounds; therefore, it is the most robust strong agent.
CBD Oil Dose for Cancer
It is recommended by various physicians to start from the lowest dose of CBD oil for cancer that is ingestion of 60 ml of CBD oil in around 90 days.
This treatment of cannabis oil is recommended for an average person; however, for some people, it may take a more extended period for treating cancer. Start the oral intake of three doses of CBD oil per day.
After one week of ingestion, start doubling the dosage. Initiate ingesting 1 ml of CBD oil per day by increasing the dosage after every four days.
This 1 ml of CBD oil has to be achieved daily until cancer completely vanishes. Some patients, however, ingest around 2ml of CBD oil regularly to get rid of cancer.
Starting from the small doses enable the beginners to shift CBD oil out of an oral syringe into the capsules that make it super accessible for them to start the cannabis oil treatment.
Also, one of the advantages of these small doses is the avoidance of any high side effects. After 30 days of ingesting 1 ml of CBD oil, the body starts building up a tolerance to it.
Some people who begin experiencing tiredness or lethargy, they can slightly reduce their CBD oil doses because every other person has a different tolerance for any medication or dosage. Once you get rid of your cancer, you can just take 1 ml of CBD oil per month just to maintain your health.
CBD for Cancer – Success Stories
- Dennis Hill was diagnosed with aggressive adenocarcinoma stage III, three years ago. His urologist guided him to start radiation treatment or chemotherapy. However, his friend told him about the cannabis treatment. Dennis decided to start the ingestion of CBD oil rather than dying from any other medical procedure. In three months of the intake, primary cancer vanished, and only minor lesions were left. Later, the CBD oil also killed the metastatic lesion within three months. He was shocked to see his cancer eliminating from the body however he kept on taking a maintenance dose of CBD oil to keep himself clear of cancer.
- Michael McShane got a diagnosis of squamous cell carcinoma skin cancer. He got treated with chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and various surgeries. He spent all of his money on his treatments but failed in getting rid of his cancer. Later he started ingesting CBD oil, and after ten days he observed his skin cancer breaking up into fragments before his eyes. He called his dermatologist and told him about the cannabis oil treatment and the result. It took his cancer three months to lose the battle against the CBD oil, and regular appointments with his doctor confirmed his improving condition.
- At the age of 52, Trevor Smith was detected to have bladder cancer. He was recommended to receive chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgeries for removing his prostate and bladder by his doctor. His wife started seeking alternative treatments before opting for surgeries. Trevor Smith tried cannabis oil along with the changes in his diet. They were shocked to see the results and hence avoided opting medical treatments. After two years of the cancer diagnosis in February 2014, his two cystoscopies proved him to be cancer free.
Risks of Using CBD Oil for Treating Cancer
People rejecting this CBD oil treatment in favor of unproven medical alternatives are more likely missing out their chance of saving their lives.
Also, the CBD oil treatment is comparatively much cheaper than those radiation therapies and chemotherapies.
Although hundreds of experiments proved that the naturally occurring cannabinoids are broadly safe for human health, there are some side effects caused due to any combination therapies.
Cancer patients with some abnormal heart conditions can face the increase in their heart rate. Also, some patients receiving certain chemotherapy drugs along with the CBD oil ingestion may suffer some severe side effects.
Patients ingesting CBD oil only faced minor side effects like drowsiness, hallucinations, irritability, low blood pressure, dry mouth, dizziness, and depression.
Therefore, it is entirely safe and has no severe risks associated with it. Also, people who prepare CBD oil at home often make mistakes in the procedure that results in few adverse effects.
Best CBD Oil for Cancer
According to the patients managing with cancer through CBD oil treatment, the two best forms of ingestion are vaping and tinctures. Research proved that CBD oil helps in killing the cancer cells; therefore, the goal is to ingest the best dose and quality.
The edible form is equally beneficial and accessible for beginners use. The best strains of CBD used for treating cancer include death star, purple kush, harlequin, and much more. You can also make your own CBD oil at home by mixing several best strains for treating cancer.
There are various CBD products available, but their efficiency depends on their quality. Try to get the best CBD oil products from CBD Pure, verified CBD, CBDfx, and Beyond Botanicals.
They provide some amazing strains of CBD oil. They offer pure and 100% original quality that can nourish and maintain your health.