There is no scientific information regarding the directions and consumption of CBD oil as it is the natural remedy. The CBD products are not sold as the medical product according to the FDA guidelines because of which no scientific data is supporting the dosage size.
Many brands mention the serving size on the CBD oil as ten drops per serving and indicate the number of milligrams in the ten drops of CBD product. It is required because it is essential to know the milligrams in each drop of CBD oil.
The CBD oil in the form of drops is commonly consumed under the tongue. However, different brands of CBD oil are available in varying potency and sizes.
So, it is a difficult task to achieve your desired dosage and figure out the number of drops along with the milligrams of dosage while consuming the CBD oil.
What is CBD?
CBD is a non-psychoactive agent derived from the Cannabis plant.
It is a very beneficial compound which acts on the endocannabinoid receptors present all over the body and mainly affects the CB1 and CB2 receptors.
It does not result in euphoric or high feelings when compared to the other commonly present cannabinoid present in the cannabis plant, i.e., THC or tetrahydrocannabinol which is a psychoactive agent. THC on the different hand results in the euphoric feelings.
How much CBD oil should you take?
You need to consume approx. 4-30 milligrams each day. If you weigh around 120 lbs. And suffer from anxiety, then you need to drink around 4-10 mg of the CBD oil.
Another example includes the person weighing 160 kg, suffering from chronic pain, he needs to consume approx. 15 -20 mg of CBD oil each day.
If you consider around 200 lbs. And have cancer, then you need to drink between 25-30 mg of CBD oil.
It is recommended to start with the consumption of one dose daily in the morning and then one dose in the evening.
You need to consume it twice each day for 3-4 days so that the CBD oil builds up in the system. After the initial days have passed, start drinking your dosage once in a day.
After this point, you can identify your need to increase or reduce the amount of the CBD oil accordingly; perhaps some people double up their dose each day.
Tips to achieve the perfect CBD dosage
The most significant concerns regarding the use of CBD oil is to get the perfect dose of the cannabinoids.
- Begin with the smallest dosage possible as each reacts differently to the CBD Oil depending on the person’s age, weight, metabolism along with the severity of the disease.
- Consider your size, because the larger individual needs a high dose of CBD oil when compared to the smaller person.
- Before the consumption of CBD oil, consult your doctor and physician and take advice from him.
- The quality of the CBD oil and how it affects it.
- Pick up the perfect choice for according to your preference.
General dosage guideline for using the CBD oil
CBD oil is commonly consumed orally in the form of tinctures or drops by placing it sublingually or underneath the tongue. The general dosage guidelines for consuming the CBD oil include the following:
- For public health: 2.5-15 mg of CBD oil orally each day.
- For the harmonization and prevention of the body functions: 3 drops during the morning or in the evening, i.e., 2-5% of CBD or consume 1-3 mg of CBD in each dose.
- For treating mild pain, achieving the excellent sleep or managing the digestive and stomach problems: 3 drops during the morning and evening each of 2-5% CBD or consume around 2-6 mg of CBD in each dose.
- For alleviating depression, anxiety and stress: 3 drops in the morning, day and evening of the 2-5% CBD or consume around 3-10 mg in each dose.
- For treating the chronic pain: 2.5-20 mg of CBD oil orally each day.
- For handling the sleep disorders: 40-160 mg of CBD oil orally each day.
- For Multiple Sclerosis consume around 2.5-120 mg of CBD-THC combination orally every day for 2-15 weeks. A mouth spray contains around 2.5 mg of CBD and 2.7 mg of THC at the same dose for approximately eight weeks. A patient typically uses eight sprays for three hours, and a maximum of 48 mouth sprays each day.
- For spinal injury, use the vaporizer twice or thrice daily.
- If you prefer to consume tinctures, then take 1-3 drops each day. Start it by placing one drop under the tongue and swish it for 60 seconds then swallow.
- If you prefer to take pills, then consume 1-3 capsules each day.
- For treating epilepsy, consume CBD oil approx. 200-300 mg orally each day.
- For treating the movement problems related to the Huntington’s disease, consume 10 mg per kg of CBD orally for six weeks each day.
Which factors do you need to consider while calculating the CBD dosage?
The dosage size depends on the multiple factors which you need to consider to get the perfect potency and quality of the product. These include the following:
- Body’s metabolism
- Your weight
- The conditions for which you need the treatment
- Severity of the disease
- Your tolerance level to the CBD oil
The serving dosage of the hypothetical CBD oil is following:
Ten drops in each 25 mg of CBD oil, which means each drop contains 2.5 milligrams of the CBD oil.
Suggestions regarding the use of CBD oil
You need to start with the perfect serving size to achieve the desired effects with the use of CBD oil.
It is advised that people should begin with a low dose and slowly increase the dose after 3-4 days.
The serving size for each person is different from other depending on the weight, size and the severity of the disease. As soon as you find the perfect serving size that is considered as your happy spot.
Cannabis compounds possess the biphasic properties, i.e., they have opposite effects at high and low doses. Small doses of the CBD oil stimulate while the high doses of CBD oil result in sedation.
Another way to achieve the perfect dosage is by utilizing the “micro-dosing” method.