Are you selected as an individual to speak in public on a specific topic?
Are you nervous, although you have done the preparation and freeze in general when it’s the moment to talk?
Does your heart start skipping fast and hands get shaky and sweaty? Do you feel like it’s the hard moment for you to speak and every individual sitting in the crowd has become your harshest critic?
You might feel uncomfortable, and it might seem like a disaster for you. However, we have an ultimate solution to treat your social anxiety and allow you to speak publicly in a confident manner.
The ancient and the new Nootropics are the perfect remedies for addressing these problems.
What is social anxiety? It is termed as a feeling of mixed emotions,i.e., nervousness, tension, worried thoughts, physical changes that you might experience in social situations.
Many individuals suffer from fear to speak in public which is termed as “glossophobia,” in general, it is the anxiety about being scrutinized, seen and judged by the audience.
There are methods which are available to handle your fear of social anxiety and public speaking.
The Nootropics are available in a combination of natural herbs or extracts while some are available in a mixture of experimental drugs with natural ingredients.
Best nootropic for social anxiety and public speaking
The perfect nootropics for reducing social anxiety and fear of speaking in public are following:
It is the most known of the Racetam family for the enhancement of learning and memory. It has a surprising element of reducing anxiety, unlike other racetams. It aids people in treating generalized anxiety disorder which helps in relieving the tension.Many users have claimed that Aniracetam enabled them in severely reducing their anxiety, stress, and depression. The Aniracetam works by stimulating the AMPA receptors for improvement in memory and learning, while activation of the D2 and D3 dopamine receptors reduces the anxiety levels. According to several studies on the animal, Aniracetam plays a significant role in improving mood, boosting the cognitive performance and reducing anxiety.
Benefits of aniracetam as nootropic
- Improves memory and learning ability
- Improves mood and cognitive performance
- Increases focus
- Reduces anxiety
- Heightened perception
Aniracetam is useful by itself. However, it is stacked with Alpha-GPC which is a choline source. It helps in improving the effectiveness of Aniracetam.
Aniracetam is considered safe if taken 1-2 grams daily for reducing anxiety.
one of the variations of Vitamin B,i.e., Thiamine or vitamin B1. It was created in Japan as the more bioavailable variant of thiamine.It crosses the blood-brain barrier more efficiently than thiamine which explains the anxiety-reducing effects. Thiamine is essential for producing GABA which is a primary inhibitory neurotransmitter. It plays a critical role in relieving stress and anxiety.The thiamine levels are increased by the intake of Sulbutiamine which increases the levels of GABA leading to decreased anxiety.
Benefits of sulbutiamine as nootropic
- Improves mood
- Improves memory
- Reduces anxiety especially social anxiety
- Enhances endurance and stamina
It is an amino acid which is extracted from green tea. It helps in improvement of the alpha brain waves and allows you to relax.It is advised to consume with caffeine, but for anxiety issues, it is better to drink L-theanine alone to reduce the social anxiety significantly.L-theanine helps in calming down the body and improves relaxation.It achieves this by increasing the release of hormones,i.e., Serotonin, Glycine, Dopamine, and GABA, in the specific regions of the brain along with the elevated levels of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor.Take around 150-250 mg of L-theanine for the anti-anxiety effects.
Benefits of l-theanine as nootropic
- Reduces physical and mental stress
- Reduces anxiety, e., social anxiety in particular
- Improves mood
Benefits of l-theanine in combination with caffeine
- Relaxed feeling
- Reduces anxiety
- Increased focus and wakefulness
- Enhances mood and learning ability
This Nootropic herb is favorite for use in ancient Indian Ayurvedic medications.It has been in use for centuries as a healing tonic for a variety of conditions.It is gaining popularity from the past few years as a perfect nootropic to decrease anxiety and stress, aids in reducing fatigue and improves mood.It helps in lowering the stress-inducing hormone,i.e., cortisol.
It is an adaptogen which is the type of chemical that helps in reducing the effects of stress or preventing it.It has an anti-stress impact related to the corticosterone signals along with the suppressions of neuronal excitation in response to the stress.Many users have seen improvement in mental and emotional clarity with its use.However, for public speaking and anxiety, it works as a calming option that might compete with the prescription medicines.
Benefits of ashwagandha as nootropics
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Improves mood
- Enhances motivation
- Reduces fatigue and social anxiety
- Improves social functioning
is a nootropic which helps in alleviating the social anxiety. Phenibut binds with the GABA receptors and results in anti-anxiety effects.However, Phenibutis associated with benzodiazepines resulting in side effects, due to which it has some safety issues.Take 500-1000mg to reduce the anxiety effects. Phenibut takes hours to be effective so do not re-dose.
Benefits of phenibut as a nootropic
Reduces stress and anxiety
Relaxation and allows to sleep well
is a vital mineral, which plays a critical role in the nervous system. Magnesium acts as a neuroprotective agent, which reduces the neuronal hyperexcitability resulting in relaxation and decreased anxiety.
It is a tricyclic antidepressant and a mu-opioid agonist. Tianeptine indirectly helps in relieving social anxiety by dispelling dysphoria and uplifting mood.It also modulates the glutamate receptors resulting in anxiolytic effects.
It is a natural plant grown in Africa and Asia and used by the natives for hundreds of years. It is also an adaptogenic plant.Recently, it has gained popularity as a nootropic which helps in improving mood, boost the cognitive performance and reduce anxiety. The Mucuna Purines contain amino acids,i.e., L-dopa which acts as a direct precursor for increasing the production of dopamine neurotransmitter. This Nootropic offers added Dopamine to the brain, which results in decreased stress levels and increased happiness. It allows you to feel more confident which the necessary element for public speaking is.
Benefits of mucuna purines as nootropic
- Decreases anxiety
- Uplifts Mood
- Increases the sense of euphoria or well-being
- Reduces the social anxiety
- Increases motivation
- Lemon balmIt is a perfect nootropic with powerful effects. However, it is sedative and results in drowsiness.Every individual reacts differently to the different timing and dosage of Lemon Balm. It has a soothing impact which helps the users in social situations.
- BacopaIt shows the best results in nootropic supplements. Bacopa Monnieri improves memory and decreases the feeling of stress and anxiety. It allows you to focus and concentrate.
- Rhodiola RoseaIt is a Scandinavian herb which promotes motivation and mood.According to different studies, Rhodiola Rosea helps in reducing depression and fatigue, along with it boosts the feeling of motivation and well-being. It is a fantastic ingredient in nootropic supplements.
- L-tyrosineThis amino acid is the must-choice in the best nootropics for relieving social anxiety.It is an anti-stressor type of amino acid which helps the body in the production of dopamine. It helps in promoting cognition, reduces the levels of stress.
Avoid these nootropics in public speaking
Following nootropics should be avoided while speaking in front of the audience:
- Caffeine The higher the amount of caffeine, the more build up adrenaline in your body.The adrenaline in the brain results in dry tinder effect which acts as a catalyst for inducing a panic attack. If it does not lead to the panic attack, you might feel severe anxiety due to increase buildup of cortisol and adrenaline.
- Phenylpiracetam It is tremendously potent and powerful nootropic for concentration and stimulation.However, such intensity makes things worse before public speaking. It works well for difficult sessions of gym or work.
Fringe nootropics which help with treating the social anxiety and assist in public speaking
The users advise these smart drugs and nootropics. Some of them are prescription drugs, so it is recommended to consult a doctor before taking these.
- Modafinil is wonder drug but cannot be taken without a prescription. It allows individuals to feel confident.
- Selank is a Russian peptide which helps in modulating the immune system. It enhances the production of BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic growth factor) along with Serotonin.These chemicals aid in relaxation and relieving stress. It is useful for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder.
- Propranolol is available as an over-the-counter medicine which is used by musicians to treat stage fear and by the surgeons to relieve hand tremors before surgery.
- OxytocinThe users have recommended this spray for increasing optimism along with self-esteem. It helps in overcoming social anxiety and fear of public speaking.
Other tips to solve the fear of public speaking and social anxiety
Nootropics are a useful and powerful tool for relieving anxiety but other than that you need to follow the simple tips.
- Mindfulness or meditation: It helps in achieving relaxed mindset in stressful situations especially while publicly speaking.
- Work on your material: you should know your stuff beforehand to speak confidently in public. Prepare it again and again to overcome the fear of public speaking and social anxiety.
- You can practice speaking in front of the mirror, pretending yourself as the audience.
- Avoid planning everything before you speak. Go spontaneously and try to engage with your audience. It helps you feel comfortable and allows the viewer to enjoy thoroughly.
Social anxiety is exceptionally uncomfortable; it prevents you from living a happy life.
We have mentioned different nootropics which can help you overcome the social anxiety and fear of public speaking. Follow the above mentioned simple tips which work best for you in such situations.
The best nootropic supplements with the combination of above-mentioned ingredients include Mind Lab Pro.
Social anxiety is a treatable condition. However, it needs a lot of hard work to fix this situation.
You should change your lifestyle and adopt a healthy one. Do not depend only on the medical drugs as they are harmful and have side effects due to continuous use.